Vol. 8 Ch. 3 Unfortunate News Part 4

Start from the beginning

With her precisely sharp mind, it might be possible that she could have pointed out his location already.

"Honestly, I have no idea."

Or at least Kudo thought.

"R-Really?"

"This Sherald guy seems like a person that's a little unpredictable. One moment he's calm, then the next he's rampagin'. This kind of bipolar personality is really hard to pinpoint thoughts from."

"I see... I guess looking for him might be harder than we thought."

"Still, this is a C-Rank quest. If it were more serious it would have gone up a rank, so all we need to do is just collect the clues and find him according to those clues."

"Figures that you would handle this without any problems, Hinota," Kudo offered praise which Hinota gladly took by the look of her proud face.

"This much is nothing for me. We gotta beat everyone else first when we get back to the intersection."

"Why are you making this into a competition, Hinota...?" Kudo wryly smiled.

He also figured that Hinota would get somehow competitive as well. Hinota then dragged Kudo along for the ride towards the Hub.

They reached their destination to the Hub that looked the same way as Triun except that it was a little smaller in height. Considering that this is a town and not a complicated city like Triun, the establishment for adventurers should be a smaller size as well.

However, the entrance of the two glass doors that opened on their own, and the cooling sensation passing through them was still the same old business. On the inside, the lobby looked similar to the Adventurer's Hub back in Triun, with silver pristine tiles on the floor and pillars that supported the white-colored stone ceiling. It made the two share a deja-vu sense.

The adventurers coming in and out were the same sight to behold as always. Kudo looked left and right, seeing every different adventurer and turned to Hinota.

"So, who do we ask?"

"Well, Kudo, that's where you come in," Hinota turned to Kudo with a smile that made her eyes seem like they were glinting.

"Eh?"

"Kudo, pick out the group of adventurers you think might be Sherald's party."

"Eh...? I don't know if my luck works that way..."

"Come on, just do it!"

Seeing Hinota urge him on with her glaring look, Kudo let out a sigh and turned back around towards the lobby, eyeing out every adventurer with his keen eyes.

Then, he spotted two adventurers together that caught his eye. One adventurer was a male Warrior, wearing steel armor and an axe strapped to his hip, and a shield over his left forearm. He wore a brown crew-cut hair that was momentarily bare without a helmet. The other was a female mage, wearing a purple robe and a witch hat on her fushia-colored hair that reached her neck. She had a wooden staff as tall as she strapped behind her back as well.

"How about... those two?"

"You really think so, Kudo?" Hinota spotted the two with her own keen eyes and asked.

"Yeah, I got a feeling about those two."

"Then, let's talk to them."

Hinota moved forward with Kudo following her behind as they weaved their way towards the two adventurers, bypassing everyone else that comes across them.