Vol. 4 Chapter 2: The Tale of the Bravens Part 1

The crowd of people peeked at the scene with astonishment, and some others, who came for their meals, started to look upset.

The reason was that a couple was starting a fight with the servers of the Niner's Diner. However, a voice resounded which stopped the fight, getting the accusers to look back at the recipient.

"Mom! Dad!"

Wanting to make sure that he was heard clearly, he shouted again. The dumbstruck look on the couple's faces changed in an instant to elated smiles.

"Kudo!"

"My boy! You're here?!"

As if a flash of lightning struck them, the two's attitudes towards the servers disappeared, leaving only proud parents as they dashed towards their child, widening their arms with tears in their eyes.

The two embraced Kudo with a tightening hug that looked like it would push all the air out of his body.

"Kudo! You look so well! You look so buff!"

The woman, Kudo's mother, Meiki, said while using her hands to feel her son's body all around his torso which got him to feel awkward.

"Haha, you look so different than before! How've you been? How come you didn't tell us you were here?!"

The man, Kudo's father, Trun, continued slapping his son's back with some force, but Kudo's toughened body was able to withstand such pressure.

The two kept asking questions while showing delighted expressions, their alacrity practically gushing out of him.

"I-I'm fine!" Kudo felt his cheeks heating up while feeling the heavy stares of other people on them. "I should be asking you guys why you're here!"

'Bwaa!' Kudo exhaled after being released by his parents' hug. But before Kudo could listen, in the corner of his eyes, he saw the manager and the servers who looked mildly uncomfortable, fearing for what comes next.

They could tell that, from his armor and the well-known Magic Bag at his waist, that he was an adventurer. The servers believed that he might cause even more trouble if they don't do as he says.

Kudo instantly empathized with their current situation.

Putting his hand up, stopping his parents' from asking their numerous question, he walked towards the servers. The servers and manager all flinched in reaction to his movement, fearing that the worst was about to begin.

However, it was the opposite. Kudo looked into his extra-dimensional [Magic Bag], and took out a bag and counted the coins inside it. Confirmed, he handed the bag to the elder manager. The manager then took the bag slowly, verified the contents.

"I apologize for the trouble. Here's the payment they owe, and a little extra for the issues."

Kudo flashed a smile, emanating a wave of gentleness and sincerity. The manager looked like he was about to tear up in relief after seeing the boy's smile.

"T-Thank you very much for your patronage!"

The manager, as well as the servers, bowed quickly to Kudo who walked back towards the parents, eyes popping out of their heads, their mouths gaping.

"K-Kudo! What did you do that for?!" Trun shouted, a nervous sweat running down his temple.

"Why did you pay the full amount, and even extra?! They were robbing us of our money!"

Meiki added in, shaking her fists up and down with steam fuming out of her ears.

"Mom, it's fine. Dad, I got enough to pay anyways, so don't worry about it."