Vol. 2 Ch. 24 Campfire and Talk

Under the starry sky, where the stars shimmered, as though painted by a world-renown artist, laid out in the sky for all the Adventurers who looked up to see it.

Lying in the forest were the members of the party who has taken the lives of most of the exotic bosses so far. Before going in the forest, they have done reconnaissance to ensure that the forest was safe from any monster attacks.

Once they were done, the members reported this to their leaders in the clearing.

"This place is safe now. There's no need to worry."

Kudo was the one who spoke, and after speaking, the other low-level members heaved a sigh of relief.

"Good," Mick spoke up. "I just can't sleep well if we might be attacked by a monster at any time..."

Eruda nodded in agreement with Mick which led to Lailah clapping her hands together.

"Then, let's go and take a bath! I'm drenched in sticky sweat!" Lailah shouted, her feelings of disgust over her sweat easily shown in her voice.

"Nee-chan, that's too crude! You are a young lady—you need to talk with more grace."

"Eh~" Lailah responded with an annoyed tone. "It's fine like this!"

"I would like a bath as well..." Eruda responded sheepishly as her cheeks had the tint of rosy pink.

"Then, Kudo, go and start a fire. Also, set up the tents if you can. I'll lead the girls to the waterfall."

"Got it," Kudo agreed as he nodded to the notion.

As Kudo and Mick stayed behind while the girls prepared their venture to the waterfall, Lailah turned her head and shouted:

"Hey! If any of you boys tries to peep on us, I'll give you both a present! My Flame Orb!"

Lailah shouted which left Kudo, who was starting to set up the fire, suddenly blush strongly at the idea of peeping. Mick responded with an annoyed expression.

"Like hell, I'm going to look at you, Nee-chan!"

"Ah! That's rude!"

Lailah felt as if her womanly pride was trampled, but Mick held no regrets. Kudo couldn't help but chuckle a bit from the sibling's playful banter.

This is what is like to have siblings? Always messing with each other?

Kudo thought as he felt that having siblings must be fun, at least for the company.

As the girls finally left the clearing under the guidance of Hinota, Kudo spoke up:

"Mick, can you help me put up the poles for the tents?"

"A-Ah, yeah..."

Mick suddenly flustered, stuttering from Kudo's response as he quickly gathered the wooden poles used to support the tents.

D-Did I say something bad?

Kudo felt that his surprised and reaction felt a little off. As Mick helped, the boys steadily made their progress on making a good campsite for them to relax in.

It took some work, but Kudo set up the campfire, using several wood planks gathered together and lighting them up with the usage of the sparks from the stones he picked up.

The sparks light up the wood in a glorious fire, burning brightly which also lightened up the campsite with a dimly lit light.

After making the campfire, Kudo helped Mick who was slightly having trouble setting up the wooden poles.