-S.2 Ch.26-

Keith's POV

I am blown away by the story that my mother has told me. But she was just looking at the ground. I could tell she was sad, she missed my dad.

"So how is your father," she asked as she looked up from the ground.

"Um, he was a firefighter remember? Well, he went into a building to save someone, but they told him not to. He never listens to anyone. He didn't make it." I said wanting to forget all of that. 

"How long has he been gone," she asked, her voice was shaky. She was about to cry.

"I was eight," I say as I hear my mom sniffle. "I'm sorry mom, I kind of know how you feel, someone you like and you leave them, with no say in the decision," I say as I start to think of me and Lance.

"Oh Keith," says my mom as she puts her hand on top of my head.

"It's fine," I say as I try to cover up my hurt ness.

"What's the name," says my mom.

"Wha-t name?" I say as I try to cover it up.

"You know exactly what I am talking about," she says as she was smiling at me.

"Lance, Lance McClain," I say as I blush.

"Wait, isn't that James's kid," asks my mom as she looks at me.

I shake my head yes. I heard her laugh at the irony.

"How long have you've been in space," I say as I was curious.

"A long time, in space years don't pass like Earth years, they pass shorter, 100 days shorter," she says as she looked at the ground. I can feel my heart hurt for her. She really liked my dad. She probably misses him, a lot.

If I was gone from Lance that long, I would be hurt, badly.

"I love Keith, never forget that," she says as she turns away from me and looks at the wall.

"How long have been his prisoner," I ask as I look at my mom's back.

"Time begins to all look the same Keith," she says as she still doesn't look at me.

"I'm sorry," I say as I try to make her feel better.

"Keith, you have been saying that an awful lot," she says. So she is the one where I got my sarcasm. Dad never gets the jokes I make about anything. He is and was very serious all of the time.

"What are you doing down here," Says a guard who was looking at me.

Fear was rising inside of me. Then that is when I see a blade go right in front of me.

"KEITH MOVE!"

Edited: July 13, 2020