030

"That bitch better pray that I don't ever run into her."

I exhale through my nose, shaking my head at my roommate, cradling a mug full of earl grey tea. "Down, Bessie," I say before taking a sip. "What's done is done." I shrug, leaning over to set the mug down on the coaster.

"Why are you so nonchalant about what she said to you?" Jennifer exclaims, brows furrowing at her forehead, lip pulled in contempt. "Get pissed."

"I already got mad, she's not even worth it anymore," I say truthfully, grabbing the throw pillow beside me to hug. "Besides," I can feel myself smile, my cheeks heating up at the thought. "I have Jesse."

Jennifer tilts her head slightly, pouting her lips as she flashes me a smile. "Aww, you even blushed when you said that," She gushes, making me bury my face into the pillow.

"Jennifer!" I groan out loud, my voice muffled from the pillow-face burning profusely.

"You're crazy about him, aren't you?"

I look up at her, lifting my face from the pillow in my grasp. "I...I mean, it's too soon to tell but, I..."

"Holy shit!" Jennifer gasps, rising from the floor-almost toppling the bottle of nail polish. "I haven't seen you this choked up since we went to that Taylor Swift concert in Madison Square."

"That was a fun night," I chuckle, recollecting my screaming and crying her lyrics. "Her Reputation tour is coming pretty soon too, and I gotta buy-"

"Katherine!" Jen pipes up, cutting my ramble short. "You're practically in love with the man and you're talking about Taylor Swift," Jennifer waddles over to me, careful not to smudge the fresh lacquer on her toes. She grips my shoulders, making me look her right in the eyes. "Get a grip, girl!" She exclaims, lightly shaking me.

"Well, I love Taylor Swift too, and-"

"Too?!" She cuts me off again-my eyes rounding slightly once I realize what I just said. "What do you mean, too?"

There it was.

The one thing I was afraid to say out loud, and I just blurted it out because of my love for the beautiful blonde and her genius lyricism. I was in love with Jesse, and I couldn't give a single fuck if it was too soon or if we'd only been together for three and a half months. But, I was afraid to admit that to him for fear of him leaving. I didn't want to ruin what I knew was so damn good. There was a chance he didn't feel the same and there it goes-wasted away.

I take a breath, pushing off the sofa, Jen's hands falling from my shoulders. "I did I tell you I met his mom this morning, right?" I mention, tucking my bangs behind my ears. "Her name is Eleanor. Luckily I had clothes on when she waltzed in because that would've been...tragic," I finish, swallowing hard at the thought. "She invited me to dinner tomorrow night, and I'm nervous. I don't know what to wear, and I'm worried his family won't like me."

Jennifer's eyes soften just a bit, sighing-glancing up at the ceiling before looking back at me. "That's a lot of information to take in all at once," She chokes out a laugh, folding her arms over her chest. "I'm so happy for you, babe." She smiles brightly, opening her arms to me.

I roll my eyes, trudging over to her to let her wrap her arms around me. "Thanks, Jen."

"They're gonna love you, you know?" She mumbles into my hair, gently patting my back. "Hell, even my parents love you," She pulls back, hands gripping my shoulders before dropping them to her sides. "Something about you being a good influence?"

I laugh, shaking my head at the memory of meeting Jennifer's parents. Eccentric people and I knew from the moment I met them-they were exactly what inspired my ambitions for fashion. "Right, even when you're the older one, I still managed to win over the Turner's."