Chapter Twenty- Three

Luke looked at me, his face dull and grim as the words finally sunk in. He looked down at his feet in shame and nodded lightly. “I’ll go,” he mumbled softly, and as he glanced at me momentarily, I saw a small tear welling up in his unusually dull blue eyes. I felt a strike of pain surge through me as he walked to the front door, pulling it open and walking out of the house.

Everything went quiet. No one spoke a word, or glanced around. We all watched the front door, listening to the sounds of the motor of a car starting up and slowly starting to get farther and farther away. When it was so far you could just barely hear the motor purr in the empty night, I exhaled a sigh, feeling weak and tired, my mind racing in crazy circles as I closed my eyes. Luke was gone for good.

I wasn’t sure how I felt about that. I was in agony and bliss at the same time and it made my head ache as if Ashton was playing on my temples. And the last look he gave me, the little tear in his eye. My heart dropped. Here was one of the generally sweetest people in the world, with tears in his eyes. But I couldn’t forget what he did. I would never, ever forget.

Ashton cleared the awkward silence with a low clearing of his throat. All eyes turned to him and he straightened slightly. “Well… is everyone alright?” he asked awkwardly and nods fell all around. “Well that’s good… maybe we should just head to sleep?” he suggested, and I couldn’t have been happier. Finally, I could sleep.

"Sounds good," I said and looked at Amanda. "You show the boys how the couches work, I’ll get some pillows and blankets," I said and walked to the hall closet as Amanda started her quick demonstration. I brought back two large comforters, one for each couch, yet, more like one for each bed, since the couches had pull-out-beds stocked under the cushions. I also brought sheets, and dressed pillow cases. We quickly made the beds before turning on the TV to watch for a bit before truly going to sleep, but the others lasted longer than I did.

By the time the TV had been turned on to Family Guy and everyone was uttering soft laughs, I was on the bed I shared with Ashton, since Amanda and Cal wanted to sleep together, laying down with my head in the pillow before I gently eased into a sleep.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, I wasn’t sure what time it was. I slowly peaked my eyes open and saw Ashton holding his phone out in front of him, talking to Michael on FaceTime.

"What do you want Mikey?" Ashton asked tiredly, which gave me a hint that the call had just began. I closed my eyes, trying to fall back asleep when chills ran down my spine and branched off into every bone.

"Ash, you need to get down here now. Luke’s sitting on the railing of the balcony."

[A/N] DUN DUN DUN! OOOOOO!!! OKAY! SO HAYY! 

I'm LIKE SO CLSOE TO 1,000 TO READS SO THANKS YOU SO MUCH! 

xxxx