Chapter Twenty

I felt a dash of both anxiety, depression, and anger as I walked closer. Luke leaned down to leave the girl a hickey and I placed a hand on his broad shoulder, giving it a strong yank, using all my energy to pull him backwards. He flipped off the bed and laid on the floor, gazing up at me in confusion through blurry vision from his drinks.

"Hope you're happy with our relationship. How long did it last? A whopping five minutes," I mocked and stormed out, trying to find Amanda.

From behind me, Luke seemed to sober up a bit. "Thalia?" he called. "Wait!"

I quickly rushed down the steps and onto the dance floor, trying to find Amanda. By the time I reached her, my emotions were going crazy and my anger had melted into loathe as tears streamed crazily down my cheeks. She turned to me with a bright smile, but frowned as soon as she saw my expression.

"Thalia? What's wro-"

"I'll be in the car," I said, looking over her shoulder at Cal who looked at me sympathetically. Somewhere in the crowd, Luke's voice rang out my name and I quickly ducked and ran out the front door, running into my car and shutting the door, sitting in the dark.

From the front door came a tall figure, his dark silhouette only visible in the lack of lighting outside the house. Luke raced around each car and I held my breath as he neared mine, sinking low in my seat as he reached my car and quickly moved on before dragging himself inside the house.

As soon as the coast was clear, sobs emitted from my throat in unnatural noises. Then, my door opened and I saw Ashton standing there, Amanda behind him. I stood still before Ashton opened up his arms. I slid out of the seat and stood on the grass, hugging him tightly and letting my head hang to his shoulder. He rubbed my back as I quietly sobbed.

Then, from behind Ashton, Amanda's voice was directed somewhere else. "Hey Cal," she said softly.

"She gonna be okay?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah. I don't know what happened. I'll tell you later, once she's calmed down," Amanda said.

"Is she willing to talk now?" Cal asked curiously.

"Thalia, sweetie?" Amanda approached me and I peeled my head from Ashton' shoulder to look at her. "What happened?" she asked softly and I bit my lip.

"I-I s-saw Luke... he w-was hovering over some girl," I said, my throat aching as I tried to talk.

"And...?" Amanda asked, confused.

"H-he kissed me ten minutes b-before that," I stuttered over every word as the realization sunk in and my heart sank with it. Ashton held me again and I let the dark fabric of his shirt blind me from the pain the world caused. The front door of the house slammed shut and I winced lightly.

"Now isn't a great time, Luke," Amanda said bitterly and I looked up from Ashton's shoulder to see the blonde haired boy quickly walking over to me.

"Luke, maybe you should leave her alone," Cal suggested, but Luke kept approaching. Finally, Calum took matters into his own hands and grabbed Luke's shoulders, pulling him backward. Luke struggled furiously, but Calum had a tight grip.

"Get your hands off her, Ash!" Luke shouted angrily. Did Ash have his hands on me? I peered down and saw his hands on my waist. I hadn't even noticed, with the tears numbing my body everywhere. All I could think about was my emotional pain.

"I'm just cheering her up," Ashton countered.

"Oh, you'll cheer her up alright. C'mon, Thalia, stop being a slut!" Luke called at me as he reached for Calum, trying to push the boy away, but Cal switched sides and pushed Luke to the ground, sitting on him to keep him from moving.

"I'm not the one who almost had sex with another person!" I yelled at Luke, who struggled immensely to at least flip over, but Calum had him down good. "P-please j-just go away," I whimpered as the sobs returned and I moved closer to Ashton, trying to hide my tears. Hands rubbed my back, but Ashton's were still on my waist, his thumbs rubbing circles on my hips, so I knew it was Amanda and I slowly turned around. "Let's go home," I whimpered.

Then I felt bad. Amanda looked over at Calum desperately, her expression grave. She was having a blast before I pulled her into my depressive state. "He can come, too," I said lightly and Amanda grinned over at me quickly.

"Seriously?" she asked with a joyed smile and I nodded happily.

"What about me?" Ashton pouted and I laughed a little.

"Yes, you too," I said and looked over to see Calum talking to Luke quietly, trying to keep the boy calm. I opened my car door and reached for my purse, taking out a pen and piece of paper, scribbling down my address and handing it to Ash.

"Here's my address. Go back to your hotel, get clothes or whatever, and just head to my house whenever," I said softly and he nodded as Amanda and I got in our car and pulled away from the dramatic scenario.

xxxxxxxx

tadaaa.