Chapter 10

The next morning

(Avi's POV)

I stayed at Kirstie's house last night because it was storming out and she didn't want me driving in that, which was very nice of her. I appreciate it. I am also happy that it's Saturday. And you know what that means? I get to spend the entire day with my beautiful girlfriend, Kirstie. Speaking of Kirstie, I think she's waking up. We slept in her room, her mom trusts us together. And besides, I would never take advantage of Kirstie, or any girl, for that matter.

I looked down at her laying on my chest, her arm across my stomach and a smile on her face. Was she awake? I guess I'll find out!

"Kirst, are you awake?"...Silence

I guess not. I'll just lay here until she wakes up.

----

After about 30 minutes, Kirstie finally woke up. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." I smiled, placing a soft kiss on the top of her forehead.

"Good morning, babe," she sleepily replied, trying to get up.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm hungry, don't you want some breakfast?" she asked raising up.

I sat up too and just hugged her, whispering, "I just want to stay in here and watch movies and be with my amazingly, dazzlingly, beautiful, perfect girlfriend. Is that too much to ask?"

"I don't know, Avi. I'm pretty hungry."

"Whatev-" I was interrupted by her stomach growling loudly. "Yeah, maybe we should go eat breakfast first." I smiled. "What do you want? I can make it."

"Really, Kaplan? You can cook?" she asked.

"No, I can't. I'm sorry."

"Hahaha, it's fine. What kind of pancakes do you want? I'll make them. And I, can actually cook." She asked, kind of teasingly.

"Do you have blueberries?"

"Yeah, let's go. If you really want to help, you can mix them."

"Really? Thanks, I feel so useful!" I joked.

"Hey, at least I didn't say 'No, stay there! I don't want my house burned down!'" She defended.

"Yeah, that would have hurt." I love how Kirstie and I can just joke around like it's nothing! It makes her so much easier to talk to!

"Come on, lover boy! We're gonna make some pancakes!" She hopped up and went to her bathroom.

"Um, Kirst, the kitchen is downstairs."

"I know, but I'm brushing my teeth first!"

"Before breakfast?"

"If you plan on kissing me, don't think for a second I'm gonna kiss you back with morning breath!" We borne laughed at this.

"Yeah, maybe I should brush mine too." I laughed, blushing.

"Well, come on, Dragon Breath! Brush your teeth!" she joked.

"Okay, Jeez." I chuckled. I walked into the bathroom and went behind Kirstie, wrapping my arms around her waist and looking at us in the mirror together. I just stood there looking at us.