Love is in the Air (Chapter 15)

Start from the beginning

I think about it. "Well maybe I could get used to it for a couple of weeks, and then move on to a new location" I laugh in return.

"What is your favorite color Cole?" Lili asks.

"No question, black."

"I could see that. You don't wear black all the time, but I could still see that."

"How?" I calmly ask.

"I don't know. You're kind of mysterious... but safe."

"I'll take it." I smile, "What about you? What is your color of preference?"

"I'm into pink. Not hot pink, more like a light baby pink" she answers.

"A girl in pink who reads anime" I smirk.

This gets her attention. She moves her head up from my chest and her eyes widen. "How do you know I read anime comics?"

"I just know these things" I tease.

"Haha! Come on, how?" she asks again giggling.

"You brought it up to the DJ. So I think more people know than you may have realized" I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Oh yeah" she bites her lips and rests one leg on the other. She then adds, "Do you read anime?"

"I love it" I answer while looking down at the swing bench we have begun rocking on.

She cups my chin with her palm and says "That's attractive".

We both begin laughing.

"There you are! I've been looking for you! We need to take a family picture Lili!" Joyce comes out stopping when she sees us.

Lili looks over at me torn at what to say.

"It's ok." I smile.

"We'll catch up later" Lili smiles back touching my arm.

When Lili and Joyce leave, I just stay on the bench, close my eyes, and rock back and forth on the bench.

________________________________________

The peacefulness of this setting is interrupted when I feel someone sit down next to me. I can tell it's not Lili because this person has a harshness when they sit down. I open my eyes and am startled to see a tipsy Simon next to me.

"Hey hey hey! My new best friend" Simon sloppily greets me.

"Why are you here? Don't you need to be in a family picture?" I retort.

"What? Oh yeah, we just took A LOT of pictures! And I mean a lot!" he yells a little loud.

"Cool man" I get up, "We'll get home safely" I sarcastically respond while walking away from him, but I'm startled when some of his goon friends jump in front of me.

"Nope! You're not going anywhere man." one of his drunk friends says while pushing me back to the bench.

I quickly swipe his hand away. "Get off of me!" I yell at them and quickly run into the dining hall.

I immediately look for KJ. Walking fast, I join my family table where KJ and [y/n] are talking. They're probably reminiscing about the coke and pepsi game.

I guess I didn't realize I was walking so fast, so I quickly got their attention.

"Cole, are you ok?" [y/n] asks.

"Everything is fine. KJ I need to speak with you... alone..." I respond out of breath.

"Yeah, man" KJ gets up with a concerned look on his face.