Getting To Know More About You (Chapter 13)

Walking around the dining room I take in all the sights and smells. There is a buffet section dedicated just to cheese and there is another section where you can design your own burger! Everything smells delicious.

I don't see the pasta station but I do see a fruit station so this will do for now.

"If only the fruit buffet had a chocolate fondue to go along with it" a familiar sweet voice says nearby.

I look up from my plate of raspberries and smile at Elliot.

"Yes! Chocolate fondue sounds perfect!"

He looks handsome. His hair is not greasy but it's slicked back more so than before, making his blue eyes shine. He's not wearing a suit, but rather, suspenders!

"You look pretty [y/n]" Elliot compliments me.

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself" I blush.

"Thanks" he responds while taking a handful of  blueberries.

"What ever happened to using the tongs ?" I tease.

Elliot laughs and puts his pointer finger in front of his mouth that is making a secretive 'shushing' motion.

We both laugh.

"I think I'm the only one wearing suspenders" Elliot comments after scanning the room.

"That's ok, you're unique!" I smile.

Elliot smiles back.

" But I did think you were planning on wearing a suit. I got that impression from your text message."

"You're right, I was. That was the plan until Simon decided to pick a fight right before leaving the cabin" Elliot replies with an ever slight annoyance in his voice.

" Awww, that stinks. My brother and sister had a bit of a wrestling match before leaving too" I nervously laugh.

"Ha! Really? But I'm sure your older brother knows when to stop..... Anyway, this fruit is good, but do you want to check out the other food too?" He hesitantly asks.

"Oh totally! I was looking for the pasta station but was defeated and resorted to this fruit"

Elliot genuinely laughs and then walks with me to the pasta station in the next room.

"Wow, everything looks amazing" I comment while we fill our plates with different types of pasta.

"Yeah, a lot of planning really goes into nights like this" Elliot responds.

"So Elliot, you're only here for July?"

"Yup. Once August hits we head back home."

"Do you go to camp or anything in August?"

"I actually do, well sort of..." he chuckles, "My local theater playhouse puts on a show every summer in August, so I always perform in them".

"That's awesome! I also look to act!" I smile widely.

"No way! What plays have your performed in?" he genuinely asks.

"Last year I played Jane in 'Mary Poppins', and the year before that I was ensemble in 'Les Miserables'. What plays have you been in?"

"Cool! I've been the ensemble in 'Tarzan', I've played Danny in 'Grease', Link in 'Hairspray', and a bunch of understudies in other plays" he chuckles.

"Nice! My sister played an ape in Tarzan this past year"

"So did I! We had a lot of apes in that production" Elliot laughs.