The Party (Chapter 7)

Elliot and I were able to hear the music blasting before even seeing this cabin. I'm actually glad Elliot came with me since cabin 45 was in a pretty desolate area and our phones didn't produce nearly enough light that we needed.

We had approached the lit cabin. "Do we knock or just walk in?" I chuckle.

"Let's just walk in. We'll blend in more." Elliot answered and waited for me to nod in agreement before opening the wooden door.

There were kids EVERYWHERE. Some kids were on the couch, some sitting on the kitchen counter, and some even making out on the floor towards the backyard area. This is totally not my type of party. I guess Elliot noticed I looked uncomfortable because I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Do you think they all would like to eat a cup of dirt?" Elliot smirks.

I can't help but laugh. "Haha! Have you ever been to this cabin before?"

Elliot shakes his head. "No, Aunt Joyce pretty much just uses it to keep odds and ends. She certainly didn't give Simon and Ashly the key to hold parties".

"You all have keys to the cabins?" I question.

"Yeah, it makes things easier, especially when we help move families in and out of their cabin."

Elliot is really attentive. He looks at me when he speaks like he really cares what he says and who he is talking too.

"That's cool. Do you see your brother and cousin anywhere?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe I'll start looking around for them."

"Do you want any help?"

"Sure, but I understand if you want to find your brother and friends too."

That's right. I did come here to spend some time with Ariel and Jess.

"Ok, so maybe we'll meet up later?"

"Yeah.... But [y/n]?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to exchange numbers in case we get separated again?"

Yay! Yay! Yay!

"Sure, that's a good idea." I respond calmly while exchanging phones.

I begin walking through this cabin. I don't like the smell of it or the activity of some of these teenagers, but I continue to search for familiar faces.

"Am I seeing correctly?" I hear a familiar voice from behind.

"Cole?" I ask while turning around.

"What are you doing here [y/n]?" Cole asks narrowing his eyes at me and folding his arms.

"I can ask you the same question."

"Go back to our cabin [y/n]" Cole sternly says taking a step towards me.

I walk a step closer to him, "Not until I see my friends."

"What are you talking about?" He then thinks for a moment, "Wait a second, who told you about this party?"

I just stare at him before answering. "Jess text me the details" I whisper.

"What?" Cole asks loudly. It is really loud in here so I guess whispering was not the best option.

Before I can answer him back, Jess and Ariel walk over. "[Y/N]! Yay, you made it!" Jess screams, hugging me.

"Jess! Ariel! How is it going?"

"It's pretty lit" Ariel responds a little tipsy.

"What?" I ask.

"It's good, it's good" Jess jumps in, rubbing her sister's shoulders.