i n t r o d u c t i o n

The small town of Berith, Pennsylvania.

Where I grew up, and where I ended up nearly seven years later. I was eleven when I left, and I'm now eighteen. How time flies.

I had just graduated high school when I officially became an undercover assassin called the Blood Tigress.

That's me.

I work for the UA, standing for, "United Assassins." Yes, I kill people. But for a good cause.

Okay... not really. I mean, there's never really a "good cause" to kill someone. Anyways, moving on.

It's definitely not what I was expecting as a job, but I ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time, and then I got dragged into the entire assassin business. Turns out, I'm actually really good at what I do. Yes, I realize I literally end people's life, but the lives I end are liars, cheaters, and mass murderers.

Still not a good reason to kill people, but never mind that.

I'm currently standing on the front porch of my old house in Berith. Before we moved to Florida, my family and I was just a regular family, with regular income, and a regular house. But then my mom died, and my dad's job forced us to move to Florida. Since then, my dad has become ridiculously rich, and somehow, he managed to get our old house back for me to live in. He stayed in Florida because he doesn't know about my "job," and he still works down there. He thinks I moved back here to attend Berith University, a few miles outside of town.

As I look at my old front door, I feel like I'm intruding. For some reason, it just doesn't feel right for me to be here.

I silently turn around and look at the moving van behind me and I walk up to the man driving. "This isn't going to work, I'm sorry." The man just looks at me with a confused look plastered on his face. "I don't know what to say next," I state awkwardly.

"All I know is that this was the address I was assigned to drive to," the man responds, as I look at his goatee. "and my guys in the back are supposed to unload your stuff."

"Yeah, I know. We just have a tiny problem," I state, making my mind up. "I won't be needing my stuff. Here," I reach into my bag and pull out my wallet, then grab out twice the money he was supposed to get, plus a little extra. "I'm going to need you to drive this all back down to Florida," I say, offering a small smile.

"Ma'am-"

"I'm paying you double, and then more." I bribe, the money still in my hands. In response, he sighs, then grabs it. Afterward, he yells to the guys in the back of their new plans, and I step away from the truck to see them off.

"Are you sure you won't need any of this?" The man asks, gesturing to his van.

"Positive."