42|pretty messed up

Start from the beginning

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He glanced up at me, before dropping down to sit on the cement and shaking his head. He looked like all the hope had been drained from him. It was strange seeing someone like Stiles like that.

I sat down beside him, wrapping an arm around him and resting my head on his shoulder. "What happened?"

He seemed to tense up a bit at my touch, but eventually settled. "It's- uh- it's my dad," he sniffled a little. "I just- I feel like I'm screwing up his life."

Pulling away from him, I scanned his face. He wasn't kidding.
"Why would you say something like that?"

"He was asked to step down because apparently a Sheriff's son having a record is looked down upon."

We sat in silence, Stiles remembering the conversation with his dad and me taking it all in.
"If that's you screwing up your dad's life, then I don't even know what I've done to my mum. She thinks every word that leaves my mouth is a lie these says. She's on the verge of sending me to a psychiatrist. I think I'm the reason why she's never home anymore; she doesn't want to be there if I'm there."

"I guess we're both pretty messed up then," Stiles sighed.

"I guess so."
I leaned back over and reclaimed my resting place on his shoulder. "You're not ruining your dad's life, Stiles. Things are just tough right now, but they'll get better."

I felt him rest his head on top of mine, a short sigh of exasperation escaping his lips, "I really hope so."

♡♢♤♧

The next night, there was a loud knock on my door. Stiles and Scott were supposed to be meeting me at the party and my mum was working late, so I couldn't piece together who would be there.

Leaving my room and walking downstairs, I heard the person knock again. "All right, hold your horses, I'm coming!" I shouted at them.

Opening the door, I was welcomed by the smiling face of the one and only Lydia Martin.

"Lydia?" I said in shock. "What are you doing at my house? Better question; how do you know where I live?"

"No time for questions," she said. "We're going to Allison's to get ready for my party."

Hold up. Lydia Martin was inviting me to get ready with her and Allison? I never thought I'd live to see the day. Ever.

"Um, sure, okay. Just let me grab some stuff."

She sighed, "Fine, but hurry up."

I turned on my heel and headed upstairs. I ended up just grabbing an overnight bag and stuffing the clothes I had planned on wearing inside, along with my makeup kit and heels. I was just going to wear my Converses on the way over.

"Alright," I said as I was walking down the stairs. "Let's go I guess."

Lydia smiled widely, "Great. Come on, we haven't got all night."

I couldn't help but laugh a little as we walked out the door and headed over to her car. Lydia was actually beginning to feel like one of my best friends, and I kind of didn't mind it.

"I still want to know how you knew where I live," I stated as we got in her car and drove off.

♡♢♤♧

"Clear your schedule," Lydia announced as we walked into Allison's room.

Seeing the surprise on Allison's face, I spun to look at Lydia. "I thought she knew we were coming?"