Chapter 44: Meeting the new mate

Start from the beginning

"Umm. H-how are you feeling?" I asked kinda nervous.

If looks could kill, I would be six-feet under.

"Cut this shit. What do you want with me?" She asked, venom was dripping out onto the words.

"You're kinda our Third's mate. That's why you are here." I said. Shouldn't she already know this?

"No." She said shaking her head. "I refuse. I have stuff to do. So can you please unlock these?" She asked raising her hands.

I looked at her hands and my eyes went wide.

She had silver handcuffs on, but they put a large amount of cloth around her wrists so the silver wouldn't touch her skin.

At least that was kinda thoughtful...I guess.

"Listen, I'm sorry, but I can't let you go." I said hugging myself with my arms.

Whenever I look at her, I thought of me and how I was so hopeful someone would let me go. 

"Why not?" She asked.

"You're Liam's mate." I said looking her in the eye.

"So that's his name?"

"Yes." I said nodding.

"What's your name?" She asked quietly.

"If I tell you mine." I paused hoping I wouldn't make her put her walls back up. "Will you tell me yours?"

"I'm Victoria." She said with a small smile.

I gave her a big smile back. "I'm Avery."

"So you're the fox spirit she wants killed."

I froze at that.

"Wait w-what?" I asked.

"Sorry. I can't. I already said too much." 

"Oh. Uh it's okay." I didn't really know what to say to her.

"Why are you hugging yourself so tightly?" Victoria asked.

You could almost detect a little concern mixed into her voice.

"Uhh. It's just. I was in your position once. Just without the silver handcuffs because they don't work on me."

"Wait. You were kidnapped too?" She asked and I nodded. "By who?"

I pointed downstairs. "My mate." I said with a small laugh.

"Jake kidnapped you?" She asked laughing.

"Yes he did." I said laughing along with her.

"Can I ask how?" She asked still laughing. 

I nodded thinking back. "He and his little goons, aka; David, Liam, and everyone else, captured me. The first time was at the park when I was with my little sister Lilly. Then I escaped and they got me outside of a library. Those were good memories. I'm pretty sure I kicked them all at least once where the sun don't shine."

Victoria busted out laughing. "Oh that's gold!"

I busted out laughing with her. "It was. Even Lilly got into it. She slapped Jake across the face when he tried to grab me."

"I don't even know Lilly and I'm starting to love her already."

"You should have seen it. She left a hand print on his face. And she also kicked Liam in the shin."

"Damn. I miss all the good stuff." Victoria said shaking her head.

"Well. If you stick around, you'll be able to see it." I said shrugging.