Chapter 8: The silent treatment

Avery

"Avery?" Liam asked moving his hand in front is my face.

I just turned my head and turned up the volume on the tv.

"It's the silent treatment." Cory sighed.

"I was afraid of that." Liam said looking at me.

I turned the volume up higher and ignored them. They looked at each other and sighed in defeat and sunk back in the couch.

I decided too give them the silent treatment. And if I know Lilly like I always have, Blake and Scott will get the same thing.

But for Lilly and I, silent treatment is much worse. We won't eat, talk, or even pay attention to your presence. We've done this before with mom when we were younger. Lilly learned from me, and she perfected it over the years. But she screams if someone touches her while she is going you the silent treatment. She has done it too me multiple.....multiple times.

"Please talk to us Avery." Liam pleaded.

I was very confused about him right now. First he hates me, then he likes me, then hates me again, and now he's pleading that I talk to him. Bipolar much?

"Liam." Blake came in groaning.

"Ya?" Liam asked facing him.

"Lilly is giving us really silent treatment and her stomach has been growling for the past 10 minutes. She refuses to eat, talk, sleep. And I know she's tired and hungry. All she is doing is sitting in the corner with a book. She won't even look at us. I tried picking her up and putting her on the bed for a nap, but right as I touch her, she started screaming and wouldn't stop until I let go of her." There's the little sister I knew.

"I know how you feel." Liam said pointing to me.

Blake looked at me and sighed. "Lemme guess, you're getting the silent treatment too?"

"Ya. She's hungry too. But she won't talk, listen, or eat anything. She always turns the volume up every time we try and talk to her."

"What do we do?" Cory asked.

"I'm pretty sure they are only behaving like this because Jake made us separate them." Liam said.

"Well they need to eat. Both of their stomachs are growling." Blake said worried. And right on cue, my stomach decided it wanted to sound like a dying whale. "See!"

"Avery. You need to eat. This isn't healthy." Liam said. I grabbed the remote and turned the volume up. "Told you." He said to Blake.

"Well what if Scott and I bring Lilly down so they will both eat. Because they won't do anything until they can see each other."

"We can't do that remember. Jake said to not let them see each other."

"Call him." Blake said before we heard heavy footsteps running down the stairs.

"Blake!" Scott yelled angry.

"What?" He asked.

"You can watch Lilly for a little bit."

"Why. What happened?"

"She picked up your alarm clock and threw it at my head." He said pointing to a scratch right above his left eye.

Blake sighed before nodding and walking up the stairs.

"That's kinda funny." Cory said laughing.

"No it's not. It hurt." Scott let out a chuckled himself. "Your sister is mean." He said facing me. I turned the volume up louder. "Silent treatment?" He asked. "Silent treatment." He confirmed.