Chapter 31: Rogue attack

I got this new nail polish at Victoria's Secret. And I love it :)

Nail polish > makeup. :)

Unedited. I will edit it later when I have time.

Oh my gosh!! This book is number 1 on the popular werewolf list!! Thank you guys. Love you :)

-----------------

Jake

"Avery!" I saw Catherine yell running down the stairs.

Once she saw the front door slam shut, she sighed and looked defeated.

"What's wrong with Avery?" My mom asked walking into the living room with my dad.

David and Liam had paused their game and Ashe ran outside in guessing to follow Avery.

"Ashe. Don't!" My mom shouted but she was too late.

"She thinks she ran into her father at the grocery store." Catherine said.

"Isn't that good Momma C?" Liam asked.

She chuckled at the nickname, but shook her head. "No. Not after what he did."

"What did he do?" I asked suddenly becoming very angry.

She gave me a sad smile. "Okay everyone. Sit down please. It's kinda a long story."

Once everyone sat down, my mom put her hand on Catherine's back.

"You don't have to tell us." My mom said.

"No. You guys should probably know." Catherine said looking at all of us, but her gaze stayed on me longer. "Her father owns William's Corporation. It mainly deals with hotels, and he has a lot over the entire United States. He wanted a son so he could pass on the business to him. He thought girls were weak and weren't able to handle and take care of this type of business." My mom cut her off with a scoff.

"Stacy." My dad said putting a hand over her mouth as he laughed.

My mom rolled her eyes and looked back at Catherine who was laughing.

"Anyway. Because of this business with the hotels, w was never home. So even when Avery was born, she doesn't remember him because she never spent time with him. I remember the exact day I had Avery. The minute I held her in my hands, I was complete. But Dale wasn't. He was disappointed. He was angry with me because I didn't give him a son. Then Lilly came along. I remember that day too." Catherine said smiling down at her hands.

My mom pulled her into a hug. "It's okay."

"I remember coming home to Avery and telling her about how she was going to be a big sister. She was so excited. She asked if she was going to have a little sister or brother and I told her sister. The reason why Lilly loves tea parties so much was because her very first one was with Avery. Avery taught her all the basics." She laughed. "That night when Avery was in bed, dale came home. He asked me how the appointment went. I I wow what your thinking. 'Ya he cared enough to ask about that.' But that wasn't what he cared about. All that mattered to him was if he was having a boy. I never got a, 'how was your day?' Or 'how's the baby doing?' Nope. He asked if he got a boy. And when I told him no, he wouldn't speak to me. He went right to bed." Catherine paused and we all saw a couple of tears slip out. "That was the night he left. He left me a note saying how disappointed he was in me that I couldn't give him a son. And that's when he walked right out of our lives. That was also the last time I saw him."

We were all quiet for a movement.

"That bastard!" My mom growled standing up. "What the hell! show could they little bitch do that too you?!"