The Wilting Sasanqua

Okay, WOW, this has been so long coming, and I can not believe that chapter one alone has been read 1,000 times. I'm so sorry I left everyone high and dry for so long, and I hope everyone is ready for back to back updating when I can, so we can get through this one too!

If you like what I've done so far and would like to help support me so I could go on to do other projects like this one--please think about supporting me through Ko-Fi!

https://ko-fi.com/fantasieseacape
----------------------------------

Hanzo gave [Y/N] a squeeze, hearing her hiss in pain as she pulled away and put her hand on the pick knife, attempting to pull it out when he stopped her. Lord Shimada shouted for servants to hurry to them and to fetch the family physician, but he made no move to help the young lovers.

"Don't," Hanzo warned, helping her lay down on her side, so she was slightly more comfortable. "It could cause you to lose more blood to quickly before the doctor arrives. I know it is cruel, but please leave it until they tell us to remove it."

"Are you," [Y/N] grunted as Hanzo took her wrists in one of his hands and kept it clear of the knife so she wouldn't try again. "Are you injured?"

"No," Hanzo answered and put his head to hers as she yelled out in pain, having taken a deeper breath in relief. "Be still [Y/N] and breathe light, I promise we will have it out soon."

"Hanzo," Lord Shimada's voice was calm and collected, making both teens look up at him in search for guidance. "We must make arrangements and begin planning to retrieve Genji."

"Yes," Hanzo's eyes seemed to cloud with hatred, his hold on [Y/N]'s hands tightened slightly, he looked up and found a male servant came near with cleaning supplies to begin cleaning up the blood. "I want [Y/N] moved to my private room," Hanzo instructed, "I do not want her here, unprotected." The servant's head bobbed, and he got to his feet clumsily.

"Hanzo we haven't the time—" His father began with an irritated growl which unleashed a fury inside Hanzo he had never felt before.

"Haven't the time!" Hanzo repeated in a furious shout, trying to get to his feet but [Y/N] held onto his arm and kept him kneeling beside her, despite the pain and the blood soaking her clothing more. "We haven't the time to spare to make sure no more tragedy befalls us? Mother is away visiting family, she is safe enough but [Y/N] has been attacked, Genji stolen away and Lord [L/N] lies dead a few feet away...yet we haven't the TIME?"

"Hanzo," [Y/N]'s voice was light, pleading as he pulled on the coat he still wore, "Please,"

"Do you wish your brother death!" Lord Shimada bellowed angrily, storming over to stand in front of his son who looked away, turning to help [Y/N] lay back down gently on her side.

"You know I do not!" Hanzo snapped, pushing away [Y/N]'s hair from her face with a caress that left her whimpering in pain. "But my bride is injured, she is vulnerable. She needs protecting while we devise our strategy. What time shall it consume to have her moved to a new room, one more secure if nothing else than a sterile environment in which the doctor to work!"

A dark shadow crossed Lord Shimada's face as he looked down to [Y/N], she could see hatred in his dark eyes, a coldness that struck a familiar fear in her. Without further argument, Lord Shimada looked away and demanded of a nearby servant to have guards posted around the estate and a messenger sent to his wife's family to tell her to stay where she was and check on her condition. Hanzo closed his eyes, trying desperately not to be pulled in too many directions at once.

He wanted to run and track down where the attackers had fled with Genji, he wanted to kill them as vengeance for [Y/N]'s father and for her injuries. He wanted to stay by [Y/N]'s side, to see that she got the best care she could and that she did not face the recovery alone. He was furious with his father, he wanted to hurt him, but still, he felt like a child, needing his guidance.