When the Valley Lilly Bloomed

Fall was beautiful at the [L/N] estate; the entire estate was awash with the color of warm fire. Trees and flowers bloomed in brilliant shades of red, orange, yellow, and splashes of green from foliage not yet changed to fit its peers.

Two young women walked along the stone path, one dressed in fall colors, the other in soft blush like pinks; their hair done up similarly with flower ornaments. They laughed together. Happily, arms linked as they strolled slowly through the garden, a bond of friendship clear between them. [Y/N] was dressed in a white kimono with red and black designs in the shape of flowers and petals with a high obi and an orange flower in her hair, pulled back away from her face but in a relaxed style.

A twang of a bow, however, stopped her short and her laughter died with the crunch of a leaf underfoot. A look of shock was short lived as it gave way to annoyance, [Y/N]'s face scrunching up as another twang sounded, the other girl searching for its source.

"Honestly," [Y/N] snapped, turning her head to see a young man reach for another arrow in the quiver on his back, knocking the arrow and pulling back the string as he took careful aim. The top half of his clothes were shrugged off and hanging by his sides, his skin bare to the elements. His back was to the girls, his shoulders tensing with the pull of the string working against him as he held the arrow at the ready until he was sure of his aim. The curve of his muscles highlighted by their tautness. "Does he do more than practice? Perhaps the bow should be his bride." [Y/N] watched as the arrow found its home on the target, splitting it in half. A smirk crossed his lips, giving him a cocky air.

"Is that him then?" The girl asked hanging on [Y/N]'s arm. "What did you say his name was?"

"Hanzo Shimada." [Y/N] hissed with heat. "My future husband should this sham of a marriage go through." She rolled her eyes as Hanzo smiled at his hands as he flexed them.

"I thought you liked the elder Shimada? Was it not the younger one you disliked?" her friend asked, cocking a brow and smirking. She had long brown hair and dark eyes that framed her face nicely, making it seem round but firm. "Or is it you are simply jealous of the amount of time he spends in training?"

"Just watch," [Y/N] smiled sadly, and gently removed Keiko's hand from her arm and walked closer to the archer as her friend followed along at a distance to be able to hear clearly. "I trust everything has been to your liking Hanzo-san?" She called out, approaching gently, so not to startle him. Hanzo turned quickly to see who had spoken. When he saw it was [Y/N], he turned to speak and realized he was half naked, quickly he turned and pulled his top in place as fast as he could without messing up, his face flushing with embarrassment. "I see you are getting in your mid-day training, are you done?"

"I split the target in half," Hanzo gestured to the round target several feet away, "If I was not done, I am now." He adjusted the fabric of his kimono and looked at her, eyes flowing over her from head to toe and back again. "The fall colors are quite lovely here in your home." He looked up at the trees and bushes around them when there was a rustling. Hanzo had just laid eyes on the blushing Keiko who was inching closer when a flash of white and orange dropped from the tree above with a loud 'rawr!', making Hanzo drop his bow and throw his arm up around [Y/N], trying to put himself between her and the threat. She seemed amused but un-phased.

"Well, well," [Y/N] smirked as Hanzo dropped his arm, realizing in his haste that he had wrapped it around her waist to attempt to shield her with his own body, but she hadn't moved, "If it isn't my favorite Shimada brother." She smiled happily as Genji laid back on the ground cackling happily, glad his prank had worked. "How are you Genji-chan?" He was dressed in shinobi attire, painfully apparent that he had taken advantage of the lesser known surroundings to ditch his teacher and come in search of his brother.