Albus Potter x Shy!Reader

Your fingers gripped the covers of your book, your eyes scanning over the words eagerly. It was just getting to the best part-- the chapter you had been waiting all day to get to. You shifted in your seat, leaning over the pages in anticipation. Reality no longer existed to you as you focused on the story. You loved reading for so many reasons-- it was an escape from the real world, it was all the adventure and excitement you had ever dreamed of, it was--

"Whoa!"

Your eyes snapped towards the source of the sound as you were pulled back into reality, just in time to see someone hurtling in your direction. You jumped back in your chair as the person fell halfway onto the table where you were seated.

"Uhh, are you okay?" you asked after a few seconds.

The person awkwardly pushed themselves up and into a standing position. "Yeah, sorry about that," he offered you a shy grin.

It was Albus Potter, the guy you had kind of had a crush on for the past year, but never really talked to. You were partnered together with him in several of your classes, but you were usually too engrossed in a book to actually make conversation. You felt like you should say something to him, but you didn't really know what.

Albus's POV

I can't believe I just crashed onto Y/N L/N's table, I thought. She probably thinks I'm an idiot. Ugh, why did Rose make me do this?

Y/N cleared her throat. "Do you need to sit down or something?" She sounded concerned.

"Yeah, sure." I pulled a chair out from under the table and took a seat across from her. She smiled awkwardly, and I noticed the book in her hands.

"Did I interrupt a good story?" I asked.

She smiled a little, glancing down at the cover, her thumb still keeping her page even though the book was mostly closed. "Kind of, but it's not a big deal. Don't worry about it."

I sighed. Her smile was so beautiful, I lost my breath a little just seeing it.

She took a breath. "So, what brings you here?"

"Oh, nothing much," I said. "I was just playing truth or dare-- that's a muggle game-- with some of my friends, and-" I stopped myself, remembering the reason I was here. "Long story short, I think my cousin must have jinxed my shoes or something."

"Why would they do that?" She cocked her head to the side curiously.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Would you believe me if I said she's just really mischievous?"

At that, she crossed her arms. "I probably would have, but the way you phrased that question makes it seem like that's not the reason."

Wow, good going, Albus, I chided myself. I guess there's no sense trying to come up with an excuse now.

I sighed. "Okay, well like I said: my friends and I were playing truth or dare. That's basically where everyone gets either a truth or a dare, and they have to either answer a question about themselves or do a certain task." I paused.

"Go on," she urged.

"Well, my cousin Rose dared me to come see you in the library."

Y/N seemed taken aback when I said that. "Why?"

"Because... I like you." I said the words before I thought too much about it, knowing that if I hesitated, they might have never come out of my mouth.

Your POV

You had no idea what to say. What can you say when your crush tells you they like you? I mean, you had thought about this happening before, but you never thought it would be quite like this.

"Y/N?"

You hadn't even realized how long you had gone without saying anything. You cleared your throat and shifted in your seat. "I...--" you trailed off. Of all the times your voice could just choose not to work!

You heard Albus sigh. "I'm sorry. I know you probably don't feel the same way. I'll just go."

He stood up and took a step towards the door before stumbling and falling onto the ground.

"Wait!" You stepped towards him. "Here."

You held out a hand and helped him up, trying not to blush at the contact.

"I like you too," you said quickly, not meeting his eyes.

"What?"

You let out a breath and looked at him. "I feel the same way, Albus."

"Really?" He grinned. "This is amazing!" He reached out and hugged you unexpectedly. You hesitated for a second, not quite fully registering what was happening, but wrapped your arms around him in response.

"I knew it!"

You and Albus separated when you heard a new voice. You looked to see three other students standing there, whom you recognized as Rose, James, and Scorpius.

~~~

You sat in the Gryffindor common room, along with Rose, James, Scorpius, and Albus, who was sitting right next to you. After they had found you in the library (and discovered that you liked Albus almost as much as he liked you), they invited you to join them in their game of Truth or Dare.

"Y/N, truth or dare?" Rose asked you.

"Uhh, dare?" You were a bit nervous, but wanted to make the game interesting.

She smirked. "Kiss Albus."

You blushed, hiding your face as James and Scorpius joined in Rose's snickering. You looked over to see Albus's face reddening as well. You quickly leaned over and placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

You immediately looked down at the floor to cover your blush, ignoring any remarks the others may have made. The only thing you could think was the fact that you just kissed Albus Potter.

You felt someone grab your hand and looked to see Albus's fingers entwining with yours as he moved a little closer to you. You squeezed his hand and leaned on his shoulder, and he rested his head on top of yours.

You both stayed like that for the rest of the game.