Remus Lupin x Reader

Just so you know, your animagus will be a fox in this chapter.

You crouched in the underbrush of the forbidden forest and pushed yourself forward. You felt a slight breeze rustle the leaves to your right, and it tickled your long whiskers as the sweet air ran through your soft fur. You heard the sound of four figures running towards the Whomping Willow and your tail swished in excitement. Every month, you had noticed the certain group of Gryffindors that disappeared at the full moon, and tonight you were determined to find out, in your animagus form, what they were up to. Watching intently, you saw one of the boys shrink in size until he assumed the form of a rat. He scurried to the large tree and pressed on a knot in its roots. Immediately a tunnel opened up and you rushed forward, as quietly as possible, and managed to slip into the narrow opening without being noticed by the group.

The Marauders- that's what they called themselves. They had told you that a while ago, it had been at least a year. You had been their friend since you started going to Hogwarts, and you had grown very close with all of them. They all had nicknames for each other, but no one knew what they meant- they wouldn't tell anyone. They only told you it had to do with their "furry little problem", so you just assumed they had smuggled a dog in or something.

You followed them quietly, keeping enough distance so you wouldn't lose them but they wouldn't see you. Eventually, the tunnel led into a run-down building, which you recognized as the Shrieking Shack. Then, you heard a shrill sound, breaking the eerie silence. You ran and hid behind a curtain, unsure of what the sound was, but you could vaguely see four silhouettes- the rat, a stag, a dog, and a werewolf. You soon realized that the three animals were struggling to fight off the werewolf, and you also figured that one of the Marauders must have been the werewolf.

You made a quick decision to help the other three animals in their battle against the werewolf, so you darted from behind the curtain and your animagus form carried you onto the back of the beast. It howled in pain as you sink your sharp teeth into its neck. You didn't want to hurt it too much, though, since you knew that this was still one of your friends. You also knew that one of the animals here was your crush, Remus Lupin, but you didn't have time to worry about that. The wolf rolled onto the floor and shook you off, while the dog and stag helped each other block every attack that came their way. You thought they might have it under control, but suddenly the wolf turned on you. Taken by surprise, you couldn't defend yourself, and you saw its sharp teeth lunge at you. At the last second, the stag shielded you with its antlers, and you narrowly escaped the bite.

After the fighting had stopped, the werewolf began writhing on the ground and howling in pain. You watched in agony for the poor boy who had to go through this, and suddenly wondered which of the Marauders it was. You looked around at the other animagi and realized that they had transformed back into their normal selves. You saw James, Sirius, and Peter, then realized what that meant- Remus was the werewolf. Still in fox form, you noticed how the other three boys looked like they were in just as much pain as the creature on the ground. You reluctantly looked back at its writhing form and pictured it as Remus instead of a monster. He slowly returned to his normal human state, only he was battered up and you saw a trail of blood leading from where you had bitten him earlier. You felt a twinge of guilt at the memory, then realized you were the only one still in animal form. You slowly started backing up, hoping you could have passed as a real fox and the boys wouldn't notice you. Just as you were about to disappear in the shadows, you were interrupted.

"Wait!" One of them said. It was Sirius.

"What is it?" James asked suspiciously.

"The fox," Sirius turned around to look at you before finishing his sentence, "it's...He trailed off. James seemed to understand.

"Who are you?" He asked. It took a second before you realized that the question was directed at you.

You weren't sure if you should let them know or not, but you figured that since you knew their secret, it was only fair that they knew yours too. Making sure you were hidden by the shadows, you changed back into your human form.

"Come into the light." Sirius said. Slowly you stepped into the beam of moonlight pouring through the window and lifted your head to look him in the eye.

"(Y/n)?" James asked in disbelief. You shifted your gaze towards him and gave a faint smile. Peter started chuckling quietly.

"What?" You asked, confused. The three of them looked at each other, then at Remus, who had calmed down at this point but still looked dazed, then back at you. They seemed to know something you didn't, and despite the circumstances, it looked as if they were all trying hard not to grin.

"What?" You asked again.

"Oh, nothing." Sirius said innocently. You sighed and then everyone seemed to remember the problem at hand. "We should get him to the hospital wing." He said to James and Peter.

Hey guys! I hope you like this one so far. Just so you know, I will make a part two for this. Hopefully I'll have that done within the next few days, but I can't promise anything. Anyway, if you have any requests, please let me know and I'll try to do that for you!