Chapter 12: Put Away Your Filthy Money

Start from the beginning

"I know." He said as Mrs. Martinez yells for Caleb to get his order. He got up and started digging in his pocket, then it dawned on me. I jumped up and walked up to him.

"Your not paying remember," I said grabbing a $20 bill, trying to give it to him.

"Yes I am," he pushed my money away.

"No, remember. You drove, I have to pay." I reminded.

"You thought I was serious? Put your filthy money away."

"What? No. I want to pay." I said walking towards the counter.

"Too bad. Now go sit down." He said turning me around and softly giving me a push towards the booth.

"Fine." I pouted, knowing I wouldn't win. As I walked back to the booth I heard Ms. Martinez mutter something. I couldn't completely understand it but I understood her say something like amor joven. Which if spanish class has done me wrong it means something like young love.

____________________{}{}{}____________________

"Are you serious? There's no way." Chance laughed, astonished.

"I'm dead serious. I nearly died laughing."

"So she just walked up to him and kissed him?" Chance asked.

"Yes, I've said this!"

"Start from the beginning again." Chance told me.

We are still at the coffee shop. We've been here for hours actually. Shortly after we got the 'normal', which was hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll, the awkward silence faded and we began to talk about anything and everything. We've moved on to stories now.

"Okay so," I took a breath and thought about the story again. "Bo and I were at school, we were in the courtyard eating lunch when Kaylee, the school drama queen and bully, walked up to Bo. She started to caress his face, cleavage on show as normal. She was practically straddling him, she was whispering something in his ear. I couldn't hear what she was saying, but I saw Bo. The look on his face was so-" I stopped talking because I was laughing to the point of holding my stomach gasping for breaths. "So-" I started into another round of laughter. "Oh dear." I said as the laughter finally settled. Chance sat there watching me with a smile on his face.

"You done?" His smile widening.

"Hardly," I said. "Where was I?"

"His face was so..."

"Oh right," I said my smile widening. I probably look something like the joker, but I don't care. "His face showed such disgust, it was so funny! Then she kissed him, not just a peck. But a full out kiss. She looked like she was trying to eat his face!" I laughed. Not nearly as hard as earlier but I laughed. "Bo ended up pushing her off him, she landed on the ground. Bo got up and ran to the trash can and puked. Kaylee got up, stomped over to Bo and smacked him in the face when he'd finished puking. She started screaming at him. Me being his best friend, got up went to her. I said some words and threw a punch. Sent her home with a bruised eye and broken lip." I smiled proudly.

"Wow never took you as the bad girl type" Chance smiled.

"Ha ha," I sarcastically laughed. "I would hardly call that being a 'bad girl'. I'm probably going to get a lot of crap about it when I go back to school though." I said. This happened on Friday, afterwards Bo begged me to leave with him. I had no problem with it considering I hate being at school. We had hung out at his place, I spent the night. And he had taken me home this morning, then Chance showed up. Now here we are.

Chance opened his mouth to say something but Ms.Martinez interrupted him.

"Niños, sorry to interrupt this but it's closing time."

"Oh okay, Ms. Martinez. Let me clean up real quick." Chance said gathering the cups and walking towards the kitchen.

"Gracias niño." She smiles at him. When  he went into the kitchen she looked at me. "Sit."

"Oh okay." I did as she told me.

"Listen, Chance is like my son. You two are nice together-"

"Oh we're not-" I stopped when she held her finger up.

"Not yet. Just don't hurt him. He's been through a lot, I don't want to see him hurt anymore." She said her hand resting on mine.

Before I had a opportunity to respond Chance came in.

"Alright. I washed the dishes." Chance said walking out of the kitchen.

"Ah, gracias Chance. Now get out. I need to close up." She said pushing him out the door.

"Okay, okay, lets go El." Chance said grabbing my hand. We made it out the door with Ms. Martinez.

"I will see you next time. Remember what I told you." Ms. Martinez said winking at me.

"I will." I said as Chance began to take me to the front of the gas station.

"What did you guys talk about?" Chance questioned as we got in the truck.

"Nothing worth sharing." I answered. But I couldn't help but think about something she'd said. He's been hurt a lot, how? By who? It makes me worry about him, and I have no right to. But I still do.

"Okayyyyy." He said, then we started pulling away from the gas station.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
A/N:

Hey guys! I will try to publish more often but it's often difficult because I have a busy schedule but... hope you enjoyed!  ❤️

-CatT