Chapter 5

Jackson's POV
I really don't want to do this. The gaiaphage took all my anger and put it towards Shelby and her gang. But in reality I really like her group. They are hilarious and Aiden and I are kinda friends.

The gaiaphage is inside me. It takes control of me. I trudge back to my house after the fight. I like seeing what they are afraid of. Shelby seems to be mostly afraid of her friends dying.

She doesn't like being betrayed. She also doesn't like to be the cause of problems. I sigh as I unlock my door. This stupid FAYZ has ruined everything.

Shelby's POV
It's getting dark so I go into my room. But I can't sleep so I walk downstairs. Aiden is drinking beer. I sit next to him and say "Can I join ya?" Cause to be honest I don't know what to do anymore.

He nods and before I know what's happening we are slurring our words together. We are drunk. I can't remember falling asleep but apparently I do.

I wake up to see Hunter screaming at me "SHELBY WHAT THE H***??!! YOU SLEPT WITH AIDEN?!?!" I felt awful so I tried to go back to sleep. Hunter gripped my shoulder. Aiden fell off the couch and woke up. I could tell he felt awful.

Hunter got his face close to mine and says "What happened last night? Answer me!" I scoff and say " It's none of your business and anyways why does it matter to you?"  I then feel nauseous so I run to the bathroom. Next thing I know Nakota is there. She says "So you got drunk last night? Imagine that! The one who tries to keep us from doing stupid crap."  I throw up and then I say "Shut up! It was an accident!"

Aiden comes in and Nakota leaves. He kneels next to me and says "Hey whatever happened stays between us right?" I nod and say "Anyways it was an accident." He says "Yeah." Then he leaves. I sit against the toilet. Hunter comes in and says "So last night you try and keep kids from drinking and drugs. But then you turn around and get drunk."

"Hunter I wasn't feeling good." I say. "SO That's not an excuse. Anyways really out of all the people you could have drank with you chose Aiden." He says. "I just did because he was closest." I say.

Hunter scoffs and leaves. I really don't know what to do know. I laugh at the thought that I am becoming like Astrid. The genius turned bad girl. Rylee comes in and says "Shelby please don't drink anymore. I don't mind but I don't want you to ruin yourself." I sigh and say "Look I was feeling bad so I had a few beers with Aiden! That's not so bad!"

Rylee sighs and leaves. I mean so what I drank and got drunk with him.

Aiden's POV
I remember Shelby coming in and asking to drink. But after that I don't remember anything. I mean we didn't fall asleep on purpose. But I really do like Nakota kind of. It just kinda happened in here.

Nakota is alone in the living room and I come in. She smiles and says "Hey Aiden. Do you wanna have a beer?" I nod and grab one from her feet. I don't wanna get drunk right now so I'll only have one. I open it and sit next to Nakota one the couch.

Nakota kinda looks drunk but I know she's not. She's kinda weird that way. She acts drunk a lot. But she's not. She looks kind of sad. I ask her "What's wrong?" She sighs and says "No I'm fine."

I kinda like her so I go for it. I lean in and kiss her. She was surprised at first but soon kissed back. I didn't even care about the taste of beer I was too focused on the weird feeling I got. I've kissed girls before but this was different. Before I could think anymore we pulled away.

Hunter is smirking and says "So Aiden what was it about not liking Nakota?" I'm done with this kid's s***. I'm about ready to grab my freaking wire. But I'm in the mood for a fist fight. I get up and I'm already on the kid before he can blink.

I grab the collar of his shirt and lift him off the ground. He looks scared but he then remembers he has a power. He cancels gravity beneath my feet. I take him up with me. I punch him in the nose and I feel the crack through my hand.

Nakota is staring but then she takes a hold of Hunter. Hunter is now saying "Jeez! Aiden it was just a joke." I drop him and he drops me. But then I tackle him. His head busts into the counter and he's out cold.

"I'm done with this s*** Nakota." I say. I sit on the couch and drink my feelings away. I feel better like this.