Chapter 1

Shelby's POV
I was sitting in class not paying attention. I was thinking about the FAYZ or the PBA (Perdido Beach Anomaly). It happened three years ago and I was excited when it happened. I wanted to see the people inside but when the dome became transparent. I couldn't bear the horrors I saw.

A little blood covered girl with dark hair Gaia Soren killing her father Caine Soren. Then the dome exploding and the kids within it let out. They ran everywhere some running towards families. Others running towards restaurants.

Then I snap back to reality. The teacher has disappeared and I think Oh no! Lord save us the FAYZ is back! I look next to me at Nakota. She doesn't seem to worried. Kaylee next to me looks really scared.

A kid named Aiden jumps on his desk and screams "WHOOO THE FAYZ IS HAPPENIN BI*****!!" He runs out of the classroom and kids start screaming. We are 14 and just finishing up eight grade.

Rylee jumps out of her seat and says "Guys we need to go outside and see who's taking charge here!" Nakota,Kaylee,and I get up and run outside with her.

A really cute guy is standing on the fountain "Don't worry I know what to do!" No one seems to be listening so I hop up next to him. I turn to him and tell him "On the count of three we yell HEY. Okay?" He nods and I count "1....2....3! HEY!!!" We both scream.

Kids have stopped panicking and running. They are staring at me and this guy. Nakota wolf whistles and the guy and I both blush. I start talking "Look we all know what happened at the FAYZ! So we need to do what they did. We need to start growing things. Any kids with powers or gun experience come see me and," I lean over to him "What's your name?" He smiles

"My name is Hunter." I nod and then yell "Come see me if you have powers and see Hunter if you have gun experience!" I hop off the fountain. A line forms in front of me and I start. Nakota is the first in line she shows me her power.

She picks up a bug with her mind and makes it do a dance. She has telekinesis . I nod and the next is Rylee. She looks around finds a rock and cuts her wrist. Then she lays her hand over it and heals it.

She can heal. Kaylee is next and she disappears. Then I feel her tap my shoulder. She appears again. The next six kids are just random kids. Then a kid I know who is last. "Jackson? " I ask. He nods and then something happens.

I am surrounded by the faces of my friends. Their faces melting off revealing their muscles and brains behind. I scream "NO STOP IT NO I GET IT!!" I feel a strong hand holding my arm. Then the visions stop.

Hunter is holding onto my arm. He gives Jackson the stink eye and says "F*** off Jackson." Jackson gives him a middle finger salute and leaves. I give Hunter a smile. Then he shows me his power. He cancels the gravity beneath my feet.

I fly up and he comes up with me. "You have Dekka's power." I say. He nods then lets us down. Nakota had left and is in the store. I see her coming out holding a six pack of beer. Oh gosh I need to take it from her. But she seemed to be already drunk.

She starts towards my house and Rylee and Kaylee follow me chasing her. She plops down on the couch and starts singing "Baby please have MERCY ON ME! Take it easy on my heart!"

I sigh then she pulls out a dagger. She rushes towards me and says "Gotta boyfriend already! Huh think of that the sl** getting a boyfriend." She slurs her words really bad. I hold my hands out defensively but I don't mean to. I burn the couch up barely miss Nakota.

She looks at me and slurs "TRYNA kill me you don't got da guts." She then takes control of me. She throws me at the wall and I slump against it. Just you wait Nakota. Just you wait