Chapter 26: Tired

Start from the beginning

The elevator doors reopen and I push past him with a huff. "You're unbelievable, you know that?"

"Leah..." he groans, following after me. Once we're both inside the room, he turns around and gives me a big, award-winning smile. I roll me eyes at him and flop down on the couch, kicking off my heels and nearly taking Harry's eye out in the process.

"So what did you do today while I was at the meeting, besides going shopping?" he asks, sitting down in the armchair across from the couch. I scowl at him.

"Are you trying to talk to me right now?"

"Yes I am, so answer the damn question."

Now we're both pissed off, how wonderful. "Fine. After I bought my dress I came back to the suite, and took a bubble bath. Then I ordered room service and watched a movie. Oh, and I bought you a present, but I don't think I want to give it to you anymore."

Harry ignores my jibe and furrows his brows. "You bought me a present? You already gave me that CD."

My stomach aches with guilt at the mention of the CD. I should have never given him that awful thing. I have to look away so that he doesn't see the sudden paleness in my face but Harry, as always, is too observant for his own good.

"Are you okay? You look like you're going to be sick," he frowns and begins walking over to me.

"No, uh, just a little too much to eat," I lie quickly and he looks skeptical but sits back down anyway. "Harry, about that CD-"

"It's great," he cuts me off. "It put me right to sleep last night. Even though I woke up a few times, I never felt as rested as I did this morning. I even made a copy of the disc so that I could have one for the house and for my office."

"Oh," I say weakly. "I'm glad you like it so much."

I am a terrible person.

"What did you buy me today?" Harry asks and I can hear the underlying excitement in his voice.

"Just a neck pillow, so you can sleep better on flights and things like that."

"Thanks. I hope you charged it to the suite."

I don't answer him, but stare up at the ceiling instead. Harry sighs.

"You paid for it yourself, didn't you?"

"It wouldn't be a gift if I hadn't," I say simply, and he groans, shifting slightly on the chair.

I lie on the couch for a couple minutes, waiting to see if he's going to leave, but he stays where he is. I look at the clock on the wall and see that's it's almost midnight, which causes me to yawn loudly.

"I'm going to call it a night," I tell my boss, standing up from the couch and stretching a bit. He watches me with his vivid green eyes, making me feel a little self-conscious, so I tug my dress down slightly.

I turn and head for the bathroom but stop when I feel a hand grab my wrist.

"Leah," Harry says, and I turn around.

"What?"

He stares at me for a second, his expression unreadable, and I'm about to ask him what he's doing but the question never leaves my lips because suddenly Harry's mouth is pressed firmly against mine and he's kissing me, hard.

I've missed his soft, warm lips so much that I allow myself to bask in their bliss for a couple seconds, staying frozen where I am. But then Harry's tongue swipes my bottom lip and I gather up all the sanity I have left in my head to grab his broad shoulders and roughly push him away.

Harry sees the angry glint in my eyes and worry flashes across his slightly flushed face. "Leah, I-"

"I don't understand!" I shout, causing him to gape at me. "You're so confusing, I just..."

I shut my eyes and rub my forehead, and Harry waits patiently by my side. I finally turn around and scowl at him, my frustrations from the past month getting the best of me.

"You," I almost snarl, and he looks surprised. I bet he was expecting me to jump right into his arms, but no, that will not be the case, not tonight. "You, Harry Styles, are the most indecisive man I have ever met. Do you want me? Do you hate me? I can never tell with you. One day you kiss me like there's no tomorrow and the next you act like it was nothing and that we should forget everything that happened. You change your mind about me, every day, and I can't take it. I know what would happen if I kissed you right now, Harry Styles. We would kiss and maybe even do a bit more than kiss, and then guess what? You would wake up the next morning and tell me that it was all a mistake. But you know what the real mistake is? Me, agreeing to come here with YOU!"

Harry doesn't say anything, and when I look back at him his eyes are closed and his head is bowed down. My own eyes are on the verge of tears so I point a trembling finger at the door.

"Now get out."

He doesn't move and when he speaks his voice is hurt. "Leah, please, let me-"

"No, I will not let you explain!" I'm crying now and I swipe furiously at the tears falling fast down my flushed cheeks. "Get out, get out!"

I push him, push at his hard chest until he breaks out of his daze and walks over to the door that separates our two rooms. I watch as he reaches for the handle and slowly begins to turn it.

"Harry," I call out to him, and he turns around with faint hope flickering in his emerald eyes.

"Yes?"

"I'm not going to kiss you again," I say, "Until we both know it's not a mistake."

These weren't the words he was expecting, I can tell by the way his eyes flicker and then go dead. But they're less harsh than what I said before so he simply nods.

I'm angry at Harry for kissing me, but another part of me is angry because he didn't even attempt to fight back.

Harry dissapears into his room, the door closing behind him, and he doesn't come back out for the rest of the night.

++++++++++++

A/N: lol yeah right leah let's see how long you can last without kissing him

this chapter is super short and sucky I apologize hopefully the next one will be better

dedication: xkarinex

ok bye have an awesome day