The Hunting Game

Lila supposed she had underestimated Queen Marinettte, though she was never much of a queen in her eyes. But now was not the time to be in awe struck. Now was the time to move. How in the world was she able to find her? She was assured by one of her oldest 'friends' that this place was safe for her to seek refuge in. Needless to say, they lied to her. The nerve!

The Italian girl kept her mouth shut and held her breath as someone entered the room. The so called safe place she was in was just a small two story house that was barley passable by the D.O.H. it seemed good enough for her to hide but that doesn't mean that she had to like it. Thankfully, while she was searching, she found a secret compartment or two. And one of them in which is hiding in right now.

The footsteps kept getting louder and louder meaning that whoever the person was, they were getting near her hiding spot.

Funny, Lila thought. I challenge Marinette to this gam of hunt and yet I'm the prey? not for long.

"Officer Wang, any clues on where Lila is?"

Speak of the devil.

"It seems as though she has vanished into thin air, but not to worry your highness, we will continue to search the area and turn this place upside down if we have to."

"Very well. I shall go visit my husband. Contact me if you find anything. The sooner we find this nut job the better. Goodbye Officer Wang."

"Goodbye Queen Marinette"

Lila felt as she could breath a little. Not because Marinette was gone but because she was running out of air that she was holding in. But her relief was short lived when the footsteps seemed to come closer. she kept telling herself that she was not scared nor was she shaking, but there was no denying it. She-Lila Rossi- was terrified.

"Officer Wang."

Someone else entered the room.

"Ah, Jinyoungie, what is it?"

There came an annoyed sigh. "Wang Kai Yee, we're on duty right now. Profession mode on. Or should I get Officer Im here?"

"Aish, don't call JB-hyung. You know how he gets when he's stressed."

"What are you doing there at the painting? Officer Tuan said that he might have found something. It appeared to be a family picture of her and two kids."

"Oh my gosh! This crazy woman has kids! How? Who? Why? When?"

"I'm not explaining how, the children's names are unknown for the time being, I don't know why, and from the looks of them in the picture, teenagers."

"You make me teenager! You make me-OW!"

"Honestly, how did you get to be a cop? Did you bribe your way?"

"I'm telling JB appa that you hit me!"

"Oh please, he would thank me."

The footsteps seemed o have faded as they two walked to wherever the other officers were. Lila knew deep down that she was in deep dragon dung. It doesn't take a genius to know that she her arrest was priced at a high amount of renminbi. Add to the fact that she and Maxine were never on the same page adds to the pressure. The only card she has is that they have no idea where she is. But if they have access to her phone and other devices, they wouldn't have to search further.

Lila carefully got out from the small compartment behind her and quietly got down. she tried to open the window only for the rusted hinges to creak. LOUDLY. Lila cursed as she climbed out onto the roof. She could hear footsteps coming closer to the window.

"I swear the window was closed! And unless there's a ghost living here-"

"AHHHHHH!"

"Officer BamBam, Officer Choi, please control yourselves. There are no such things as ghosts. Officer Park take Officer Kim and go search outside quickly! She couldn't have gone far!"

"As I was saying, unless there's a ghost living here and not that I doubt it exist, would she be insane enough to jump out of a window from a two story house?"

It was silent for a while.

"I didn't think you actually had a brain, Jackson search on the roof."

"Yes sir!"

Lila peaked from behind the chimney to see a blonde haired man in his twenties appear. He's handsome she had to admit. But her freedom was much more handsome. she grabbed a brick and threw it towards the officer. It didn't knock him off like it was supposed to, but it did found itself useful when it got rid of the gun and it fell unto the ground of the house.

Lila braced herself and ran to attack the man, not caring that he was twice her size. She had martial arts lessons as a child anyway. Might as well use them. To her surprise, he seemed to have blocked every move of hers.

"Hyung! Be careful!"

Lila could see from the corner of her eyes that it was from the officer in front of the house. She assumed it was from the tall one. The other one seemed to be running to the car to use what she assumed was the radio thingy.

"Call for back-up!"

"Already on it."

Lila refused to lose! She almost reached her goals. she just needed a bit more time. It was already obvious that she has no chance of winning. But she kept fighting against the officer. She refused to go to jail. Again.

"Lila!"

Queen Marinette.

Lila screamed and ran from the officer only to jump at the unstable tree at the back of the house. There was a sign saying it was going to be cut since it was unstable and diseased. And it was proven when it collapsed under Lila's weight. Sure she was hurt, but she ran for her life despite her now broken ankle.

Officer Park, Officer Kim, and Queen Marinette chased after her. But Lila knew the woods too. She wasn't as dumb as she looks. Or so she thinks.

"You were never one of brains."

Lila froze.

Luca.

"I'm not really sorry, but you're under arrest."

Lila smirked, "wont you turn a blind eye for your sister?"