Leaving

Marinette's P.O.V.

"I don't care! Send as many as you want, I just want to find the person responsible for placing my husband on the hospital!", I screamed at the chief.

Though he might have a poker face in, he was evidently shaking on his knees. It's been nearly a week now and Adrien may be recovering from the bullet wound but no one tries to kill anyone without a punishment. Ever since that day, I tightened up the security levels. Emma, Hugo and Louise are not allowed anywhere I am not notified off and there must always be a guard or two with them. Curfew is at exactly 7:00 and to be certain I would check on them.

"Yes your highness, as you wish." And with that, he left.

"Mom, don't you think this is a bit too much?" asked Emma.

I shook my head, "no, I'm just doing this to protect you three. If anything were to happen to your father and I, you three would have to step up. You all are heirs for a reason."

"Mom! Don't say stuff like that! Nothing is going to happen to you and dad.", cried Hugo.

I smiled sadly and took his small frame into my arms. "I wish it were that simple darling. But you saw what happened at the dance. If your father didn't act fast, the bullet would've hit Emma. We have to face reality sometimes and one of the many disadvantages of being royalty is that your life would be mostly in danger. Why do you think we had you take all those defense lessons?"

Wherever you go just always remember
You're never alone, we're birds of a feather-

"Hey Alya." I greeted her. "Not that I'm busy, but why'd you call?"

"Mari, remember the message you sent me?"

I was hoping this was just a chat about something but I should've known that this is what it was about. I looked at the kids only to see them looking at me worriedly. I smile reassuringly at them.

"Yes, I think it's for the best."

"So when are you-"

"As soon as possible. Give me a week."

"Okay, but why us and not Bridgette and Felix?"

"I have my reasons."

"I hope you know what you're doing."

"So do I."

And with that, I ended the call.

"Mom, what's going on?" Louise asked, his face showed no emotions.

"How you like to see France for awhile?"

Emma jumped up. "Seriously! Are you really going to send us to France? What about school?"

"I notified your teachers. You're all going to have private tutors while you're away", I respond calmly. I knew that this was going to happen.

"Our duties?"

"Will be taken care off."

"Friends?"

"I'm sorry, but they will also be harmed if we have connections with them, so until this whole thing is solved not one of you are to contact them."

Emma slumped back in her seat with a huff. "Anything else?"

"Nothing I can think off."

"Where are we staying?"

"With a trusted friend."

"Why not Uncle Felix and Aunt Bridgette?"

"That would be too obvious and they would attack them. Though I know that they can defend themselves well, I think it's better for you three to stay with someone whose away from the royal spotlight. Someone the media isn't aware of. And-"

"Someone the suspect least expects.", finished Louise.

I nodded, "exactly."

Just then, a guard came in holding a red letter. "Your highness, this was found outside with no address, just with your name on it."

I took it. "Please escort the kids to their rooms, and tell the guards waiting on their bedroom door to be alert just in case."

He bowed, "of course your highness."

Once they were gone, I pulled out the contents of the letter.

Hey Mari! Remember me? Of course you do! Or maybe you don't. Whatever! It's me, Lila! You know the childhood friend of yours that you sent to jail. I'm back! Aiming for your daughter was no easy feat, I have to admit, you have strong security, but not strong enough! Poor Adrien got shot instead, you know if it were me he had married, I would make sure nothing bad ever happens to him, but oh well, no matter how hard you try to hide your children, I will find them. Tootle loo!

It was her! And she wants revenge. This is not good. Lila doesn't wait before she attacks. I better get the kids out of here.

I stormed in to Emma's room, "pack your things, your leaving tonight."

I didn't wait for a response before going to Louise's room to tell him the same thing.  It's better for them, I told myself. They would be safer away from this mess.

"Hello, Lin Airlines Services. Yes, this is Queen Marinette, I need my private plane ready to leave for a flight to France. Yes, now! ....Good."