CH 38 - Night two ends....

Wayo POV

"Three months?" Practically everyone yells together.

Gramps starts listing the things for P'Kong and the head wizard, while the others talk. Mother and father keep giving me worried looks but I tell them I'm okay.

I had a choice, totally embarrass myself and have P'Pha back to normal now or keep my pride and wait for three months.

BUT I may actually get a chance to use my idea once there was less of an audience...

"Is this situation I think its best Phana stay under our watch." The head wizard tells the others. "The palace is the best place and we will have team's watch him to be safe."

Okay so that was not going to happen, I looked at him and sighed. "This is what happens when you're left alone."

P'Pha whined and moved away, when I turned to look at him he looked scared. He thought I was angry with him, maybe I should be, but I was just worried. He sits down not far from me but keeps watching me with sad, longing eyes. What do I do with him?

People whispered and had been scared, the bitch had screamed after he changed. Even with family and friends, they looked surprised when they first saw him. Some of the wizards had stayed back and helped the guests out instead of coming closer.

And here I sat with a beast but to me, he was my P'Pha. Even like this, as long I was with him I was happy. I wonder what people would say when they saw him again. I hoped they wouldn't be too mean.

He inches closer when he thinks I'm not looking, his posture gloomy at being so far. Fine, the embarrassing way it was then.

"Yo, just tell him you'll let him do..." Ming starts but P'Kit covers his mouth.

I should murder him myself, stupid best friend! P'Beam starts yelling about him giving bad advice and corrupting me, I ignore them.

I calmly reach into my jacket and take out the box I placed in the pocket before I came to the ball tonight. I had more than a few second thoughts, scared he would think it silly but I wanted to. Taking out the grey velvet box I hold it up and show it to P'Pha. I wonder if this will be reason enough.

"I got this for you." I say quietly.

He stops moving and stares at me before paying full attention to the box. My ears are hot, my cheeks are burning but I don't pay any notice to the others in the room and focus on him.

"I don't know if you will like it." I say as he moves closer.

"I...I was going to tell you properly." I feel shy but I carry on.

This was meant to be romantic; I was going to wait until he pulled me into a corner in the garden. Which he would have, and I would have liked it and then I was would have told him.

"I'm courting you with the intention of marriage too P'Pha." I finish in a low voice.

He moves quickly, gently rubbing his cheek against mine. I laugh when it tickles; he really is a lot harrier then last time. He moves back a little and looks at me, leaning his face closer. Oh, he thinks I need to kiss him to make it work. I can't help smiling as I move forward and kiss him on the lips. There are gasps and loud noises as things are dropped. Then complete silence as he begins to shimmer and transform. The lights surround him, his body glows and changes, it isn't long before he is himself again.

I help him sit up but he's frantically looking until he finds the box and slowly opens it. He smiles seeing the bracelet, before taking it out and putting it on. He wraps his hand around my neck and pulls me close kissing me. I try to move away, we are in the ballroom and people can see but he holds me tighter and only let's go when he absolutely must... When his father clears his throat loudly.