6. Shotgun

His voice was deep, but not as deep as my mystery man's. It was smooth, polished around the edges, perfected. He spoke each word with immaculate articulation and to say that it took me by surprise is an understatement. I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it.. and yet I was very pleasantly surprised. 

I smiled lazily while still looking into his eyes and exhaled briefly as I laughed under my breath. 

"No, not a ghost exactly. More like an angel.." I casually replied, looking out into the distance as I lingered on my last word. "Those things will kill you, y'know." I continued while changing the subject, looking back at him and subtly gesturing at the cigarette he was holding.

"We're all going to Hell one day, right?" he smirked, revealing his perfectly aligned pearly whites. His eyes were still gazing into mine, but his stare was easing now, getting lazier; like my face was easy to focus on. Maybe even nice. "Might as well speed up the process." he said under his breath before putting the cigarette between his full, soft lips, still speaking loud enough for me to hear.

It was clear that this guy wasn't one to sugar coat things, and honestly, I liked it. I really liked it. He seemed real, like he wasn't living in a dream world. 

And just like that, after only three short sentences, I was officially absorbed by him.

"Well, that's one way to put it, yeah." I agreed, smiling sweetly. At ease with his brutal yet refreshing point of view on life.

"I'm surprised I haven't scared you off by now, what with talking about going to Hell and all." He looked back into my eyes with an expression that posed a sense of interest, like he was wondering what I was capable of given the fact that I hadn't run away yet. 

Oh, I was going to show this guy what I was capable of, alright.
I wasn't missing my chance for anything

I effortlessly pushed myself off of the wall and stood upright, quickly -and silently- gulping in the hopes that I'd swallow all my fears before turning to my left and taking a step closer to him.

"I don't scare easily" I told him in a personal voice which was directed only at him, before casually and confidently taking the cigarette from between his fingers into my own and lifting it to my lips. His eyes followed the cigarette to my mouth and his lips formed a smile, his grin growing so large that he'd started to bite his perfectly pierced lower lip, clearly fascinated by my actions. His lip ring sat flawlessly in-between the bottom of two of his upper teeth, and I started to wonder if he even realised that he was doing it.

I watched closely as his emerald green gaze fixated in enchantment as I took a hit, and continued to lock my gaze with his travelling eyes as he looked up at me.

"What now, Blue?" he spoke, quietly. Intrigued.

Blue.. I liked it.

I started to move in front of him while he was still leaned against the wall. As I stepped closer it was obvious that he already got the message, lowering himself so that his ridiculously handsome face was now level with mine. I softly placed my hands on each of his beautifully smooth cheeks and edged closer to finally fill the space between us, not being able to stop the blood rushing to the apples of my cheeks as I felt his hands softly rest around my waist, welcoming me. I started to tease as I steadily parted my lips, to which he responded to instantly by doing the same. It was difficult for our eyes to focus on anywhere other than each others mouths right now. I began to blow the smoke directly into his mouth and he quickly inhaled, making sure to not let any get away. He'd clearly done this before. 

After I was done giving him everything that I had, I knew that I couldn't just back off like a wuss and say goodnight, no way. I had to remain confident, I had to see this through and close this deal like the confident, flawless bitch I'd suddenly become. It had to be smooth. 

With my thoughts quickly gathered and with my mind now set on the perfect scene before the ends credits rolled, I gracefully shifted myself so that my lips sat only millimetres away from his ear while trailing my hands steadily down to his chest. Just as I felt him exhale against my skin, I executed the finishing line in a soft, sexy and assertive tone.

"Alice". 

Before I could pull myself back so that I was facing him again, I felt his head ever-so-slightly turn towards mine and the breath from his lips brushed against my ear, returning the favour. 

"Ollie".

Ollie.. I think my heart may have just melted a little.

I drew my head back and looked him in his glassy eyes once again, our hands still on each other, our bodies still so close that not even the smallest amount of air had the slightest chance of passing through.

"Well, Alice. You might just be my new favourite person." He commented, sending chills throughout my body as he said my name and paid me a compliment that I never in my life thought I would receive.

But then, in the distance, I heard a voice. A sound that I loathed more than anything in this entire universe. 

"ALICE? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON ME LIKE THIS?"

Shit. 

My name, is Alice Atwell

And I could already tell that this wasn't going end well.