Chapter 2

"Oh my little pet... What on earth happened here?" Lucy loudly exclaimed as I opened the door.

I just shook my head. There was no way I was telling Lucy what had happened. There was no way that I would want to relive the last few hours in any case.

"I thought you were doing better. I haven't seen that cross slapped across your face in years. It is sooo unattractive you know," Lucy said as she tossed her bleached blonde hair backward. "I mean really, how do you expect people to take you seriously? And how will you do your job?"

Lucy knew me too well. I had to give her that. She was annoying and she talked way too much, but at least on some certain level she has learned to understand me in a way that Sam van Leer never could. Maybe it was because she was from my generation. Maybe it was because she also knew what true loss felt like. She had to learn it the hard way in the last years just like I had to.

"Look Lucy... I just don't want to talk," I mumble.

"It speaks!!!" Lucy yelled and faked a jump onto my coffee table that made a crackling groan under her weight.

"Stop the bullshit. Did you pack a bag?" I asked her. It didn't look like she had anything with her apart from the very skimpy pink dress she was wearing, along with a handbag that could probably fit a Great Dane.

"What do you think of me honey? You said road trip – so you can believe me that I packed. I took seven different credit cards," Lucy said with fake shock written all across her face. "I mean, like mommy-dearest always used to say. If you pack too much there will only be space to shop a little bit. And we don't want that now, do we? You know how I get when I can't treat my little gay pets to some awesomeness every now and again."

"You haven't bought me anything for years Lucy," I muttered, rolling my eyes to the ceiling.

"But who is to fault in that?" Lucy asked as she stepped off the table and fell down spread eagle on the couch. "I wanted to buy you that cute guy just last week."

"He was a hooker," I sighed. There was just no way on earth to get her to shut up.

"Which you are in desperate need of. Just imagine what your who-ha is looking like at the moment. Probably covered in dust from all the years of it not being used."

"It's none of your business." In my opinion that should be the end of the situation. My sex life, or lack of one had nothing to do with anybody in the world apart from me.

"Are you sure? I mean, just tell me where to go. We could organize something," Lucy said with a smile now playing over her face.

"I want you to take me to Llaluna."

"Oh honey! That pruned-up old bitch? I highly doubt that she would be up to getting rid of all your dust with all the dust she has accumulated. I mean seriously, nobody wants to do the nasty with her!" Lucy was sitting up this time and I could not help but laugh. Sometimes I think that the bleach from her hair seeps into her brain, contaminating it with more stupid thoughts than what would be considered healthy for any normal person.

"You are one very sick person," I told Lucy, trying to pull my face straight again.

"Well what else would you want with her? Seriously! Look at her. She's what my father would call 'fugly'. Ugly but still fuckable. I have dealt with her, and she is no regular bitch. She's in a class of her own," Lucy said in all honesty. I could see in the way that her eye was twitching that she was even more confused with me wanting to just see Llaluna than what she was when I turned down the cute rent boy she offered to buy me.