Oxygen Part Two

Narrator's POV

There standing behind the two girls in love was the boy who craved revenge. He was backed up by three,big,strong men with metal bats in their possession. Lauren and Camila we're instantly
aware of their fate.They were going to get jumped. Camila was idle, afraid to move. Lauren on the other hand, had to be strong for her, even if she herself feared for the worst. She loved Camila and knew what she needed to do. She held Camila's hand reassuring her that everything would be okay even though she wasn't so sure herself.

"What do you want?" Lauren asked.

"Well... I think that answer is simple." Austin answered.

"Me?" Camila asked.

Austin laughed evilly. "That's a good one...Of course I don't want you back... I want revenge."

Camila began to cry. Lauren turned camila to face her and cupped her face with her hands. "Listen to me Camila I want you to..."
Run and go get help. She mouthed.

Camila shook her head. " I can't.. I can't leave you."

Lauren's eyes began to fill with tears. " Camila go. Now."

"No. No." Camila shook her head.

Lauren crashed their lips together. and pulled away. "Camila, I love you. Please."

Camila's face was now drenched in tears. She couldn't bear the idea of leaving Lauren alone with those guys. But she knew she had to get help. Luckily their house was just a few steps away. She knew she could get their fast and make the call. And that's what she needed to do. But there was always the chance that she could be too late. However, Lauren wanted her to take this chance. And she needed to, for the chance that she could save Lauren. Camila ran. She didn't look back nor had the time too.

The three Men began to chase her.

"Austin.. YOU WANT ME. Leave her ALONE!" Lauren screamed.
Austin laughed. Lauren cocked her brow. "What? you too afraid to handle this like the "real" man you are?" He scoffed. "Come on, You know you hate me. You want me dead because I took the girl you love away from you." He looked away. "ADMIT IT."

He scrunched his face in anger. "BOYS LET CAMILA BE." He yelled. " The buch one's right. I want her."

Lauren knew what she had done and knew it was what she wanted. She wanted Camila to be safe. Even if it meant she'd have to pay the price for her safety.

As Lauren accepted her fate. Camila made it to their home. She screamed out to the girls. "LAURENS IN TROUBLE HELP!" Then ran up stairs and grabbed her phone. She immediately dialed 911. As the phone rang the girls barged into the Camila's room.

"911 what's you emergency?"

"COME HURRY MY GIRLFRIENDS GETTING JUMPED BY FOUR MEN WITH BATS."

"Okay honey where are you?"

"WHERE AT El MATADOR BEACH. HOUSE 1407."

"Where on our way with police and an ambulance."

"THANK YOU."

The girls stood there shocked. Then it took everything in them to ask what had happened. Camila gave them a brief explanation then made a break for the door aiming to make it back to Lauren in time. The girls followed in pursuit.

Meanwhile, one of the big men pushed Lauren to the ground. They all began to kick her and hit her with the metal bats. Lauren groaned in pain but she knew it was worth something. Camila's safety.She winced with every hit they gave her. Soon struggling for air. With each hit of the metal stick made contact with her skin, she felt more than physical pain but internal pain. It wasn't because she was getting hit but because She wasn't sure if this could be the last time she'd ever see Camila, the girls, her family and the fans. This was what hurt Lauren the most, leaving too soon.

After the brutal wounds the men had left on Lauren, the three big men decided to step back. Feeling guilty of the crime they had just committed.

Austin became furious" WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING? KEEP GOING."

"Boss, she's almost dead. We need to stop or we'll kill her." One of the men said.

Lauren began to tremble both in pain and fear. The oxygen around her seemed to become thinner and thinner with every passing second. She struggled for the only thing free in this life, air.

Austin smirked. "No, this isn't enough."

"LOOK AT HER. ITS MORE THAN ENOUGH." One if the men yelled out.

"NO! I need to.. I need to make her feel the pain..that I felt." He began to tear up.

"What are you crazy!? Don't you see? She's about to die!" One men said.

"Didn't ya hear me? I said I wasn't done yet." Austin retorted grunting his teeth.

The three accomplices stepped back and let Austin finish the job.

He lifted the bat as high as he could then put all his force into a downwards swing that aimed for Lauren's head. Lauren screamed in agonizing pain. Austin did this a few more times until he felt it was necessary to stop.

Shortly after Lauren's brutal beating, the girls arrived and found her on the ground covered in bruises, blood, and tears. She had a black eye, gashes, cuts, blood and bruises on her face and body minus the black eye. Camila instantly feel to her knees. The sound of an ambulance siren began to fill her ears. Camila ran to Lauren's side and caressed her cheek. "Lauren!?Lauren?!"

Lauren remained idle.

No no this can't be happening, please no. Camila thought.

"LAUREN SPEAK TO ME!" Camila cried. She then felt someone's hand on her shoulder. She turned to see a peri medic.

They quickly made it to Lauren's side. Feeling her pulse.

"She's still alive. but at this rate she has little time left. WE NEED TO GET HER TO THE ER STAT." A peri medic yelled out to his crew. They quickly placed her on a gurney. Rolling her into the ambulance. The cops arrived shortly after.

"We have room for one more who-" The peri medic began to say.

"ME!" Camila yelled out, interrupting him.

She got in and ran to Lauren's side. The girls looked at us from outside of vehicle. There faces were drenched in tears. Dinah began to wave her hands. "MILA, WE'LL TALK TO THE POLICE AND MEET YOU AT THE HOSPITAL." She yelled out to me.

Camila tried to say"okay," but nothing came out. She didn't have the physical ability to speak nor move once she was at Lauren's side.

Camila felt horrible. She wanted to take Lauren's place right now. She knew leaving was risky and it hurt everything in Camila to leave Lauren for a possible chance of saving her. But it failed and she was crushed. She felt an overwhelming guilt and hate for herself in the way that a person ever could. She knew this was her fault and in result to her actions and decisions, there was a chance of loosing the only person that she's ever loved in this world. Lauren.

A/N: I know! 😭 it was extremely risky doing this but I know it's the right thing trust me. You guys will soon understand why. :O feel the ambiguity there? sorry 😁but never fear I will update sometime between the next two days. I need to carefully work on the ch's. THANK YOU ALL for reading. You guys are AWESOME!

Sincerely,
hoplessromantic143