Chapter 11: Kaldo

Depuis le début

"Sure."

Kaldo nodded at Leon, he probably had come to the conclusion that the information was worth more than 20$ to whatever guild he was from.

He was given a Pulse Stone and then told Kaldo what he knew, about Soul Level, enemy types, the church and some of the other lore of this city.

"Wow, this place is interesting."

Kaldo said this while his fingers moved to type a message to one of his guildmates.

"Anyway, spawning here must've been a pain. If you want to leave this island, we'll give you a free ride."

"No, I'm good."

He had just understood that anything related to the island was worth a lot of money, so if he could acquire some more things before anyone else, he may be able to earn a lot of money.

Kaldo smiled at Leon.

"Alright, then I'm sure we can do more business later."

When Kaldo said this Leon recieved a friend request from him, and accepted it. This meant they could now message each other over long distances and trade easier.

"Then I'll be leaving."

Kaldo waved at Leon as he ran off into the town. Leon could actually see even more ships coming in the distance, and he decided to wait and see if anyone else would buy this information. Sadly, it didn't seem so.

"Let's see then..."

Leon mumbled to himself as he sat down on a bench in the main city square. He decided to continue what he was interrupted while doing and open his skill trees.

First, he decided to look at the Holy Knight skills. He currently had [Slash] and [Block], which were both useful. But he felt that they weren't enough to keep him alive in this place so he was looking at what he could upgrade further.

There were three different paths he could go down to begin with, and as he went down these they branched out into many different paths like a tree, thereby the name, skill tree.

Holy Guardian, a branch which uses both shield and sword to protect others.

Holy Swordsman, a branch which uses a two-handed sword to destroy the enemy.

Holy Slayer, a branch that can dual wield one-handed swords to quickly kill enemies.

Leon chose to go for the Holy Swordsman path of Holy Knight which gave him the skill [Holy Stab]. He also proceeded to unlock [Banishing Seal] and [Holy Spirit].

Each of these skills could prove useful to him in the future.

[Holy Stab] was a simple skill, at level one it added 20% of your current attack to your attack as holy damage.

[Banishing Seal] was a skill that allowed the user to create a seal which dealt quite a lot of damage to anything that used the unholy element. Otherwise, it only slowed the enemy.

[Holy Soul] was a skill with a mana cost per second while active which added 5% holy damage to his regular damage.

Next he decided to pick a skill from the engineer branch. He had a few to choose from, but there weren't really any clear paths. As far as he could see he could either go for creating machines and robots or more traps like he had already made.

He decided to pick the [Mechanical Engineering] skill which made it easier to work with moving parts as well as allowing him to create higher quality machines and robots.

He also picked [Smooth Talker] in the merchant skill tree which gave him +4 Charisma per skill level, he decided to increase it to level 5.  

Now Leons stats looked like this;