Reflection

Chapter 12

Reflection

"I find it quite rude you have been asleep this long. You missed the second challenge, although that may be a good thing as I did not win. Harry saved my sister, and I can never thank him enough for that. He is a good boy, that one, and I dare say he will make a great man."

"Winky is quite worried for Master Ichigo, that she is. But when Master Ichigo wakes up, Winky will be here to help, just like she was before, and like she always will be. Yes, that she will."

"Oh Ichigo, if I hadn't stormed off when Ron and I were arguing, then maybe I could've helped you. I'm so confused on what I should do, I wish you were awake."

"Ichigo, you should've seen the great hall! I mean, bloody hell, you sure did tear the thing to pieces. It's cleaned up now, but I wish I had gotten a picture. Blimey, it looked like a bloody tornado had gone through the place... I just hope you're alright."

"Ron and Hermione are fighting, the third challenge is coming up, and we still have no idea what's causing you to get this sick. I know you're having the same dreams as me, does that mean that I'm causing this? Perhaps, well, maybe if I was stronger, this wouldn't happen."

oooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo

When Ichigo awoke, the same heaviness and fatigue that had plagued his body before was there. The difference now was that he still felt the heat of a fever, and he was still unbelievably tired.

"Mr. Kurosaki, you're awake!"

Ichigo turned his head ever so slightly to find the source of the voice. "Ah, Draco, what can I do for you?"

The blonde's face reddened and he fiddled with his fingers. He looked away from Ichigo. "Oh, well, I heard you were sick, so I just wanted to you know... make sure you weren't just lying to get out of work, yes, that's it."

Ichigo smiled and leaned his head back into the pillows, closing his eyes. "Is that so? Well, I'm glad to see you're keeping an eye out for the school. How is your... friend doing? Did he ever speak with his father?"

"I told my friend your advice, but I think he is finding it harder said than done. He doesn't want his father to be disappointed in him for not doing what he wants."

"Does your friend not agree with his father's choices?" Ichigo asked. Draco shook his head.

"Well, if he doesn't agree with what his father wants, or if he thinks it's wrong, then he shouldn't do it. Of course he wants his father to be proud of him, but some choices he'll just have to make on his own. Does that make sense, Draco?"

The young wizard sighed, his gaze downcast. "I suppose so. I'll make sure to let my, erm, friend know. My friend wants to thank you, you know... for helping him."

"Tell your friend he is very welcome, I am always here for him. I'm proud of him for seeking help, and for making his own decisions. If you'll excuse me, I'm rather fatigued, and I'd like to rest now."

Draco nodded and left the infirmary, most likely to head back to the Slytherin Common Room. Ichigo watched him leave, and settled back into the bed. Despite what he said to Draco, the shinigami was tired of sleeping. He really just wanted to get back to work, for things to go back to normal, but Ichigo was a smart man, daresay a wise one, and he knew that wasn't possible.

It was only a matter of time before Madame Pomfrey realized he was awake and began to poke and prod him again. She was much gentler about it this time around, and Ichigo assumed it had to do with him still having a fever. She forced more grueling juice down the back of his throat before she was off again, but not before she gave his pillows a good fluff. She insisted that he rest, and although Ichigo knew she was right, he didn't want to go back to sleep.