Getting To Know More About You (Chapter 13)

Start from the beginning

"Haha! Do your siblings also like to act?"

Elliot shakes his head no, "It's pretty much just me. Simon plays football and Rachel likes to do Chorus and soccer".

"At least Rachel also sings" I smile.

"Yeah. What about your siblings? What do they like to do?" he asks.

"Well Riley and I are really similar so she also acts. She also takes a Karate class. And Cole likes photography and snowboarding. But he also likes acting. He's not huge into acting in musicals. In school he performs in the Fall and Winter plays."

"That's cool. So not into the whole singing and dancing I take it?" he smiles.

"Haha! Not too much, more into just acting. He's played Jem in 'To Kill a Mockingbird', Romeo in 'Romeo and Juliet', and Ponyboy in 'The Outsiders'." 

"That's awesome! I think I may want to start getting into plays too in the future."

"Yeah, that's fun. Musicals are great but sometimes plays allow you to really get into character since you're not falling back on a song" I respond beginning to eat some of the pasta on my plate.    

Elliot is smiling at me sincerely and softly manages to say "Yeah, that's true".

Two girls walk over to Elliot and I. I recognize that one is Lili from the water park. The other girl is shorter than Lili. She has medium length brown wavy hair and bright big blue eyes.

"Hey Elliot... and [y/n]! Long time no see." Lili smiles.

"Hey Lili! Hey Rachel!" Elliot responds, "This is [y/n]".

"We've met" Lili laughs.

Elliot looks confused, "Really? When?"

"I had to receive medical attention at Water Rapids" I blush.

"Again, it was my pleasure! How is your ear [y/n]?" Lili laughs

"It's much better, thank you!" I laugh with her. I then look over at Rachel, "I don't think we've met. I'm [y/n]" I smile and extend my hand to hers.

"Hi, I'm Rachel. Nice to meet you" Rachel extends her hand and smiles.

"Rachel and I are twins" Elliot says while wrapping his arm around his sister's shoulder, trying to display their similarities.

"Oh! I can see it." I respond.

"And you have a sibling too, right [y/n]?" Lili adds.

"I do. You met my older brother Cole that day. I also have a younger sister named Riley."

"Nice... Is Cole here?" Lili asks.

"Yes, he's here. He's probably pigging out at these different buffets" I smile.

Lili laughs. "Cool. We'll I'll see you three later" Lili smiles and walks away into the buffets.

"Elliot do you have the speeches?" Rachel asks her brother.

"Yeah, they're right in my pocket."

"You're giving speeches at the dinner?" I ask.

"Not us. The staff says a couple of nice words about the camp and.... our family" Elliot blushes.

"Because we're just so freaking great" Rachel laughs, causing Elliot and I to laugh as well.

"That's really nice. They should appreciate your family. You really do such a great job at keeping this camp comfortable and accommodating" I say.

"Thanks! Can I quote you on that? I'm just kidding!" Elliot chuckles.

"Haha! We'll it's a sweet gesture.... Do you sit with your family?"

"Yeah, right in the front" Rachel rolls her eyes.

"It's not that bad Rachel. After the speeches and the dinner, we can dance! ... [y/n] do you dance?"

"I love to dance!" I smile.

"Good, I'll see you out there on the dance floor" Elliot grins.

Checking a text on her phone, Rachel says, "Elliot, Simon just text me that mom and dad want us to start coming to the table".

"Simon being responsible? That's new."

Rachel laughs.

"Ok, we'll see you later [y/n]!" Elliot calls out with Rachel in unison.

I might as well head over to the table to begin getting ready to eat an amazing dinner and hear these speeches.