Niall.. Can You Hear Me?

Chapter 5: Niall... Can You Hear Me?

*Emma's POV*

We've been walking for what feels like hours now... We can't use our vampire speed, the cars are all busted, it's getting late, I can't feel my feet anymore and we're all thirsty. But most of all, we're all worried sick about Niall. I've been trying to reach him for so long, but my thoughts still stay unaswered.

'Niall, please... Answer me!'

'At least tell me if you're alright?'

'Dammit Niall!'

I don't know if he simply can't hear me or if he doesn't want to answer me. It's quite frustrating. I can't stand the thought of him being dead or in pain...

I jump as I feel someone's arm, wrap around my shoulders. I looked up to see Harry. He gives me a small, sad smile and squeezes me gently.

"I know what it's like..." He whispers to me so the others won't hear our conversation.

"What what's like?" I answer back in a hushed tone, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Not knowing... It's hard... When, like... You're trying to reach someone you care about, but they don't answer... And you just... You don't know if they're alright, you know?" His voice is shaky, almost cracking at the end. He looks down, his eyes quickly filling up with tears. I nod and wrap both of my arms around him, sighing. As soon as I do, he buries his face in my neck and starts to cry silently.

"I just- I want to know if she's okay..." He murmurs and I rub his back slowly.

"Harry, I know she'll be just fine. I'm sure she's alright." I whisper to him, trying to get him to stop crying, which obviously isn't working... I've never been good with this kind of stuff.

I suddenly feel a hand touching mine, I look up and see Louis. He gives me a curt nod. I let go of Harry, leaving the two of them alone. I walk away and stand near Zayn.

"Don't worry. If anyone knows how to handle Harry, it's Louis. They've been best mates since the first day they met." Zayn tells me with a slight chuckle. I nod and sigh, looking back in front of me.

'I beg you Niall... If you can hear me, please give me a sign...'

"We're here!" Gabrielle suddenly pipes up, stopping in front of a gate. On the other side of the gate, there's piles and piles of garbage. Is this a garbage landfill?

"But this place is full of trash..." Victoria says slowly, confusion written all over her face.

"Or is it?" Gabrielle smirks and unlocks the gate with a small key.

I watch with wide eyes as the trash disappears to reveal a palace. The walls are white, everything is white actually, except for the two giant doors, which are a deep red. Blood red. Blood.. Shit I'm thirsty...

We follow Gabrielle up the stairs, to the palace doors. She opens them silently. They open up to reveal a tiny town, which seems to be filled with tons of Vampires. Our mouths hang open in awe, looking at how random and awesome this place is. It's huge!

We go up an incline, entering this big huge white castle. It's like out of a movie. It has white brick glossy walls with old paintings... You'd think that a place like this would be cold and sad, but it is buzzing with life. There are young, innocent little vampires, running around while the maids and the employees do their jobs. Some very old vampires are sitting in the lounge, reading books around a fire, some are just chatting on the couches, and some are simply walking around.

"Shit.. It's gorgeous." Ely whispers and Calum chuckles, nodding. We all agree silently and Gabrielle grins.

"We are very proud of this place. Everyone lives in the castle. We treat everyone equally and fairly. Dante and I built it together about a thousand years ago." She smiles looking around and sighs. "Oh! Speaking of my brother, he will lead you to a private lounge, where you can drink at your own thirst and wait for your friend." She says kindly.

Dante is suddenly beside us, wearing a huge smile on his face, he signals us to follow him to a room. He opens the door to this room. As I walk in, I notice the walls are a very light pink, while the couches are a burgundy colour and the table's are golden. There's a spiral staircase behind the couches, leading to who knows where.

This whole place is way too fancy to feel real, even though I feel weirdly comfortable and safe here. I sit down, speechless, when a cup of blood is served to everyone. I hear a few 'thank's' being murmured and I have just enough voice to crack out one of my own. Soon enough Dante leaves the room with the servants and we are left alone.

"I guess.. This is the calm before the storm." Michael mumbles and a general sigh echoes throughout the room.

"This is driving me absolutely crazy! When are we going to be able to see Uncle Niall?" Anabel suddenly speaks up and sets her cup of blood down. I shrug and look down into the red liquid in my cup sadly, making it swirl around.

"You can see me now..." I hear a familiar voice behind me and I immediately stand up, spinning around to face him.

He's fine. He's alive. Not one scratch!

I laugh in delight as I run into his arms and we are soon joined by everyone, enveloping Niall into a group hug.

'I'm happy to see you too, Emma.' I hear his voice echo in my mind and I squeeze him just that bit tighter.

"I thought I'd lost you..." I answer him and he chuckles out loud.

"Do you really think you'd get rid of me that easily?" He tells us, sending me a secretive wink. I giggle and cuddle back into his body, smiling. I look up into his eyes and frown. They look at lot bluer than usual, a lot shinier and... Vampire-ish.

"What happened to you, mate?" Ashton asks with a grin. Niall shrugs and chuckles.

"Destiny brought me here... She saved me. That's all I remember... When I woke up I felt fine. I wasn't in pain, I didn't have one scratch. I thought I died, to be honest. Which, I kind of did... But then Destiny explained what she did to me." Destiny, who was standing on the stairs this whole time smiled and shrugged.

"I just couldn't let you die, Niall. I just did what I had to do... You would have been in a lot of pain if I hadn't, even if I could heal your wounds. You'll be better this way." She said with a soft smile. I frown and look at the rest of the group, who seem as confused as I am. I can feel Niall taking in a breath before he opens his mouth.

"She turned me into a vampire..."