Finding A Way

Chapter 16: Finding A Way

*Niall's POV*

'Alright Niall. This has gone way too far!' I stare at Emma in shock as I feel her rage build up inside of her.

'What do we do?' She stares off into the distance. A million scenarios going through her head. 'We killed him once.. He's still here.' I point out.

'Maybe if we... No that won't work.' I grab her hand and gently pull her away from the door. We're going to get discovered soon if we don't move now. I take one last glance inside the room and see Anabel giving me a death glare. I start to speed walk while dragging a thinking Emma with me.

'But what if we.. Nope, not that either.' She thinks as I try to find us a place to hide. I go down the long hallway as I finally find a vacant room. The supply closet. Well I'm assuming it's a supply closet since there's a bunch of supplies in here... Actually this looks like the weapon room.

"Niall.. Where are we!?" Emma tries to speak in a low tone. Our invisibility suddenly being taken away.

There are a bunch of different weapons hanging from the wall and not just any ordinary weapons.. These look like they have special magical powers.

'More like dark magic.'

'What do you think they want to use it for?'

'Isn't it obvious Niall!?'

'Well.. It's to kill?'

'No duh!' I roll my eyes at Emma's rudeness. She's just stressed I guess.

"Do you think something in here can kill him?" Emma says out loud in a hushed tone. I shrug and observe a glowing staff. It glows like a heartbeat.

"This thing looks alive.." I say noticing it.. Breathing? "Emma..?"

"I've got it!" She suddenly shouts. I turn quickly to look at her in alarm.

"Shut up!" I say in a whisper. She quickly realizes her mistake. We start to hear running footsteps making their way towards this room. The door handle of the room suddenly budges. We both quickly jump on it and hold onto the handle. The person on the other side, trying to open the room is pretty strong and not giving up.

'Hold on!' Emma thinks to me.

'I'm trying!' I try to hold on tighter.

Emma suddenly grabs my arm and I suddenly feel like I'm lightweight. The room suddenly starts spinning and I feel dizzy.

In not even seconds we're in a different location. I blink a few times and look around. Where are we?

"I don't actually know.. I just tried to get us back to Louis and Liam.." I look around for my best mates.

"Is anyone here?" I say out loud as we walk around. It's like Emma teleported us in an underground path. The walls are all dirt, so we must be in one.

"Hello?" Emma yells as we walk down the dirt path. It seems like a while when we get to a dead end. "Are you serious!?"

I look at Emma who looks fed up. The poor girl doesn't seem to ever get a break. It's always one thing after another. I try looking around for another way, that we might've missed. There's nothing.

"Why the hell did I teleport us here!?" She yells in anger. I put a hand on her shoulder and she looks at me. Tears brim her eyes and I quickly take her in my arms.

"Em's it'll be alright. Don't lose hope." She squeezes me hard and then let's go.

"I'm glad to be able to hug you properly." She smiles and I can't help but smile back. I know she used to hold back and I'm glad she doesn't anymore.

"Niall?" I hear someone say my name. That's not Emma's voice...

"Luke!" Emma yells in excitement. I turn around to see Luke coming our way, holding a light. When he gets closer I see he's holding his cell phone.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asks us, hugging Emma then me.

"I teleported us here, thinking Louis or Liam would be here.." Emma explains.

"Well they are! Actually Jade told me to check a bit further out from our base because she had a feeling. She didn't tell me what it was, but now I know." He smiles.

"You have no idea how glad we are to see you." I say as I walk forward, with Emma following.

"We need to get to everyone quickly! I have a plan to kill Will!" Luke's eyes go wide and we pick up our pace, walking towards another dead end.

"Guys watch this, it's so cool." I watch as Luke puts his hand on the dirt wall. A sudden purple, blueish circle forms and the dirt slowly goes away. I notice the ground is suddenly made out of wood. Luke walks in and we quickly follow. The dirt quickly falls back into a wall behind us.

"Sweet." I say looking back to the front of us.

Standing there is a girl who makes my dead heart skip a beat. Her beautiful dark hair cascading down the front of her ripped shirt, while her jeans fit tight against her short legs, almost afraid she'll break. Her eyes shinning brightly as she looks at us, hoping it has something to do with me.

"Niall!" Her smile lights up the room as her wings unintentionally come out from her back as she runs to me. Her arms and wings wrap around my body as she holds onto me for dear life. "I thought I lost you.."

"That would be impossible.. I couldn't leave you." I slip out. She holds me out at arms length, looking at me. All of a sudden her lips are on mine. Am I dreaming? Is she really kissing me right now?

'Nope. You are not dreaming Nialler. She's a keeper.' I hear Emma think to me. I can't help but smile into the kiss as I savour this moment.