"Haley, would you like to join us?" My mom asks the brunette girl.

"Hell yes" She fills her bowl with chili and joins us at the table.

"So, honeys, How was your guys day?" She asks us and I open my mouth to respond but Haley beats me to it.

"Good, Thanks... good is relative, considering a third of the world is starving, which does not change the fact that I am clumsy as hell. Did I tell you that I feel down today? Yeah, slipped off the crib, face down, butt in the air. Too graphic? Sorry. I'll just be quiet" She rambles, making me smile while eating my moms delicious chili.

"So, I got something for you, Lucas" My mom says.

"Actually, I found it. Not that I was looking for something specifically, which implies some hideous sort of 'Joey loves Dawson' scenario and completely creeps me out, but you know, we saw it, and—" I cut off Haley so she can't keep talking.

"Well, give him the damn thing before Haley talks him to death" I tease, making Luke laugh while Haley playfully rolls her eyes. My mom hands Lucas a worn down book.

"Wow 'Julius Caesar'" He replies while looking at the book.

""There's a tide in the affairs of men"— or something like that" My mom quotes.

"Nice. Thank you, guys. Thank you very much" He thanks and I lightly smile at my brother.

"Whatever. If that's what you're into" Haley replies and I look at Luke with raised eyebrows while trying to hold my laughter in.

***

I sit in the library during my free period and try to do my geometry homework but fail. You might be wondering why I take geometry as a junior, well it's called failing and having to retake the class. It sucks, especially because I don't seem to be getting any better my second time around either.

"Scott" A males voice calls out and I snap my head up to see Coach Whitey standing there.

"What's up, Coach?" Nathan responds, I roll my eyes and go back to staring at the blank page.

"Not you" He dismisses Nathan and points at Luke. "You" He then points at Nathan again. "You, read a book or something" Luke gets up from his seat, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion as he follows Whitey out of the library.

***

Once I get home after school, I turn on  Netflix in my room instead of doing my homework. When I go to the kitchen to grab a snack I pass Luke's room. He was looking in the mirror, in a basketball jersey with 'Scott' printed on the back.

"Whoa" I comment, Luke jumps a little and turns around with wide eyes.

"Coach Durham asked me to play and I think he left this for me" I walk into his room and sit on the bed.

"Well, are you gonna play?" I ask, making him shrug in response.

"I don't know. How do you do it?" I furrow my eyebrows at him, he clearly sees my confusion. "Cheer. Mom never goes to the games because Dan is there, yet you continue" He elaborates, making me frown at his statement.

"Because I'm selfish Lucas, when I decided to start cheering with Bevin mom didn't talk to me for like four hours. She was so against the idea of me being in a ravens uniform cheering on Nathan. But I didn't care, I did it anyways. See, that's the difference between us, I got a little Scott in me while you're all Roe" I pat his shoulder before getting up and leaving him to his thoughts. My mom passes me with a laundry basket full of clothes while sending me a smile.