Episode 4B: Sugar Land Shimmy

Start from the beginning

Mugman-(also whispering) She's on the list.

Cuphead-(to BON BON) We'll take that as a confession.

Bon-Bon-To what?

Mugman-Selling your soul to the Devil.

Bon-Bon-I did. It's not like he'll be getting it, though. I am twenty-one years indebted, and he hasn't touched me.

Cuphead-Wait. If that happened when you were six, and it was twenty-one years ago, that makes you...

(He counts on his fingers.)

Cuphead-Only twenty-seven, huh? Did anyone tell you that dress makes you look-

(BON BON smacks him with her cane again.)

Bon-Bon-I don't know what you were gonna say, but there are two things you never tell a woman: that she's old and that she's fat.

Cuphead-This is getting off-topic. We're sort of on contract-collecting duty, and we found your name on this list of people whose souls we need.

Bon-Bon-What?! Lemme see that!

(She snatches the list and reads it.)

Bon-Bon-I'm sorry! It's just that this is a request that just can't be fulfilled, so on behalf of all of us at Baroness von Bon Bon's Candy Castle...

(She draws her finger across her neck and slips into her candy castle.)

Bon-Bon-I bid thee adieu.

(The castle gate closes.)

Cuphead-"Adieu"?

Mugman-It means "goodbye".

Cuphead-That can only mean one thing, and it ain't good.

(The castle gate reopens. A giant cupcake jumps out and nearly lands on CUPHEAD and MUGMAN, but they smoke-dash out of the way.)

Cuphead-Would you look at that? She does have candy subjects.

(They both begin shooting with Peashooter. The cupcake continues bouncing around, sending out little waves of icing wherever it lands. MUGMAN takes his time and lands more shots, but CUPHEAD, who is using rapid fire, can't seem to hit the moving target.)

Cuphead-Why can't you just stay still?!

(His eyes widened, as if he's just realized something.)

Cuphead-Oh!

(The cupcake nearly lands on him, but he smoke-dashes out of the way. He switches to Chaser and begins landing more shots. The cupcake's cherry explodes, exploding the cupcake in the process. BON BON appears in the castle gate and shakes her fist. The gate closes, but CUPHEAD keeps shooting.)

Cuphead-Pew! Pewpewpewpew!

(A giant jawbreaker emerges from the castle gate.)

Cuphead-Aah!

(The jawbreaker chases CUPHEAD and MUGMAN around with a tiny jawbreaker tailing behind it. MUGMAN is now the one who can't seem to land a hit.)

Mugman-Now I'm beginning to wish I had Chaser.

Cuphead-Don't give up, Mr. Magnificent Aim.

(MUGMAN switches to Roundabout.)

Mugman-Now I know I'll hit it eventually!

Cuphead-Yeah...That's the spirit.

(That's when CUPHEAD suddenly falls over. He gets up and looks down to find that there are tiny jellybeans with swords coming out of the castle gate.)