Episode 2B: Clip Joint Calamity

Start from the beginning

Cuphead-Okay. That was unexpected. Now I see where you're coming from.

(MUGMAN begins running forwards, trying to go against the wind.)

Mugman-Run, Cuphead! We must resist!

(RIBBY punches his fists together, creating a swirling, planet-like ball of energy that bounces toward them. This hits CUPHEAD in the back of the head.)

Cuphead-Ow! My handle! Okay, tapout. Tapout. It's obvious we weren't prepared.

Croaks-Hey! You can't just give up whenever you feel like it!

Cuphead-Relax. We're just going to work on our strategy, and we'll be right back.

(MUGMAN sighs in relief.)

Ribby-Fine. But you better be back!

(CUPHEAD and MUGMAN both leave. As soon as they're outside, MUGMAN bursts out laughing.)

Mugman-"Work on our strategy!" That's a good one, Cuphead! It's not like we're actually going to do that.

(He looks at CUPHEAD, who appears to be lost in thought.)

Mugman-Whatcha thinkin' about, Cups?

Cuphead-I was thinking about what strategy to use for our rematch. Now, you did a good job shooting out those flaming bugs-

Mugman-You're not actually serious about this, are you?

(CUPHEAD nods slowly.)

Mugman-Come on, Cuphead. We're wasting time! We need to get those contracts! Has it slipped your mind that we have to get them all in two days?

Cuphead-But I told them I'd be back, and I'm not going back on my word. Cuphead never backs down from a fight.

Mugman-Alright, fine. You do your thing. I'll get the rest of the contracts by myself!

Cuphead-No, you're not. You're coming with me. It's a two-on-two match, remember?

Mugman-Two-on-two? Why two-on-two?

Cuphead-'Cause it's fair.

Mugman-What about our other fights? First, it was two cups against three plants. Then it was two cups against one slime...thing. Why are you so obsessed with fighting these frogs-

(CUPHEAD whips out the debtor list and shows it to MUGMAN. "Ribby and Croaks" is clearly written on it.)

Mugman-By golly, they're on the list.

Cuphead-It sort of pays to look at the list once in a while. Now, are you in, or are you still out?

Mugman-Fine. But only because we can get a contract out of it.

Cuphead-Excellent. Now, here's what I was thinking for strategy...

(Fade to the Fly House. CUPHEAD and MUGMAN burst through the doors.)

Cuphead-We're here for a rematch!

Croaks-Finally. We've been waiting for you.

Ribby-Hopefully you won't be so easy to beat.

Cuphead-Trust me. We won't. And to make this fight a little more interesting...

(He whips out the Notice to Repossess.)

Cuphead-If you lose, we get your souls.

Ribby-It's a deal. We've always been folks who liked high stakes.

Croaks-Wait a minute. What if we win? Do we get your souls?

(MUGMAN smiles with his hands on his hips.)