Chapter 2 - meeting the pack

Start from the beginning

I nodded and pulled away from Daniel and lifted my hoodie back off my body then hissed as pain erupted up my ribs as I pulled to hard, "God my ribs seem to always be bruised" I mumbled as I threw my hoodie down. I looked up and saw Josh looking at me in shock.

"They did that," he asked, pointing at my arms, tears flooding his eyes.

I nodded and then lifted my top up to show my stomach making him gasp then I turned around and showed then the whip marks I have on my back, the whip was used on the horses that some of the young teen girls had at a nearby stable and the older teens would steal it and use it on me. I hissed through my teeth as cold hands touched a fairly new lash I got, the marks always scared because they would wrap silver wires around it.

"Sorry", Josh said quickly as he pulled his hand away. "Right I'm taking you to Damien's office right now, Jacob and Daniel, go and get her belongings from her car" Josh ordered and with that he led me from the room. This time when pack members saw me they gasped and tears filled their eyes as they watched me.

I felt a gentle tap on my hand and I turned to see a little boy of 5 come up to me, "Excuse me" he whispered slightly as he blushed "How did you get those bruises?" he asked innocently.

I looked up when I heard the rushed footsteps and saw a lady standing at the door "Timothy, come back here don't bother her" she said blushing slightly.

"Sorry mum" he mumbled

I looked at his mum and asked her silently if I should tell him, she smiled and gently and nodded slightly.

"Hi Timothy," I said quietly as I knelt down to his height, "How old are you?"

"5!" he stated proudly holding up 5 fingers

"Wow so you're a really big boy aren't you" I said enthusiastically making him giggle and nod

"Yup but I'm not as big as my brother" he said

"You will one day" I said smiling a him

"How did you get those bruises, do they hurt?" he asked as he reach a hand out and touched the bruise on my wrist that was in the shape of a hand

"No the bruises don't hurt that much but my ribs do, my old pack used to hurt me when I did something wrong, even my big brother would, so I ran away, your Alpha found me in the woods" I said smiling gently at him

"Why did they hurt you, you're really nice" he asked confused

"Because they thought I was unworthy to be seen with or near them even at the house and I was like their maid doing their homework and chores" I said he smiled brightly

"LIKE CINDERELLA!!" he cheered

"Yeah" I laughed "Like Cinderella"

He suddenly wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me tightly "Don't worry, we won't do that to you here" he whispered in my ear

"I know" I whispered back a tear falling from my eye as I hugged him back "Now go back to your mum and let me see your Alpha, Mister, you shouldn't have run away from your mum like that" I said as I pulled away.

"Okay! Bye Cinderella" he said as he pulled away and ran back to his mum and told her what happened as if she hadn't just seen the whole thing, she looked at me and smiled at me, making me smile back, then she turned back to go into her room.

I suddenly hissed out a breath as I tried to get up "Hey, Josh, you wanna help me up?" I asked him quietly.

He quickly ran to me and helped me up I hissed in pain the whole time.

"You're really good with kids you know" he said quietly as I recovered, breathing deeply.

"Really?" I asked, I had never been around kids so I didn't believe him.

"Really, now come one, just down the hall" he said gently and helped me as we walked down the hall again, but when I looked up at the door I saw that Damien was standing there already

"Josh is right you are good with kids" Damien said "I haven't seen Tim be like that with anyone" he said as he wrapped his arm around my waist to support me as I hissed in a breath as pain ran through my ribs.

"Well, that's....urm cool I guess?" I asked breathlessly.

"Yeah, is it true? About your pack I mean?" he whispered as he closed the door then leaned against it as I plunked down on the sofa he pointed to making me heave a sigh of relief.

"Yeah" I sighed sadly "they thought I killed my father"

"WHAT?! YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS'' he yelled out making me flinch and shield my body.

He froze when he saw me "You thought I would hit you?" he whispered sounding hurt

"No I'm sorry, it is a reaction after so many years," I whispered back looking down at my hands ashamed at my actions. "I'm sorry"

"Don't worry" he sighed "Look I'm sorry, I forgot about the environment you have grown up in, can you tell me what happened?"