Chapter 17 - Date night

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"So you still haven't told me about the night that you went to see Mimi," she said as she began to brush my hair and spray it with her hairspray.

"She was great, she was talking and joking just like her old self," I said.

"That's good news, so she'll be out soon?"

"Yeah, tomorrow," I replied.

"You going to see her tomorrow then?" She asked.

"No, I'll give her a day to settle in and then go on Thursday if Kyle doesn't mind".

"Good, you can help me get ready for my date with Cameron then. Oh and why would Kyle mind?" She asked as she sprayed my hair again.

"Well to cut a long story short, he tried to kiss me," I said.

"He what! Oh he is such a super jerk. I felt sorry for him as well but not if he's going to pull a stunt like that. Someone should have punched him the noise!" She grunted as she put down her brush, picked up her can of Pepsi and began drinking it.

"Mmmm," I replied as a thought of Aiden and Kyle's little run in crossed my mind.

"So, what are you wearing?"

"My black skinny jeans and my blue tank top," I replied, waiting for her opinion.

"Cute," she said before jumping on my bed and switching on the TV.

****

By quarter to seven, I was dressed and clued up on everything to do with Cameron. Crystal obviously thought that it was necessary to spend the rest of the evening talking about Cameron...Fun!

"So, you all set and ready?" Crystal said as she gave me the once over.

"Yup".

"You look hot," she said with a smile on her face.

"Why thank you," I replied as we both walked down the stairs, giggling.

"Oh, I left my phone upstairs, I'll be back in a sec," she said before spinning round and running back up the stairs.

"Ok".

"Nice," Aiden said as he walked into the living room.

"Pardon?" I asked as I walked down the stairs and entered the living room.

"You look nice," he said as he threw himself into the chair, bit into a twinky bar and flicked through the channels.

"Thanks," I said as my cheeks began to blush. I don't know why but I felt slightly embarrassed whenever Aiden complimented me, it was weird.

"You staying in tonight?" I asked.

"No, I'm meeting Taise, Anthony, Murphy and a couple of chicks later," he said as a smile slipped onto his face.

I knew that he wanted to make me jealous and believe me I was but he was the last person that would ever know that.

"Cool," I said as I took my lip gloss from my bag and began to spread it across my lips.

I could see him watching me from the corner of my eye but I refused to look.

"Aren't one of you going to get that?" I heard Crystal shout down the stairs.

"Huh?" I said as I stepped into the hall and looked up the stairs.

"The door!" She shouted.

The door? I didn't even hear it.