Michael is a very talkative person, he shared random stories and he even told us some silly jokes. I didn't know that a suicidal person like him could be this jolly. I should've known better, only if I was brave enough, I could've done something to stop my brother from ending his life. If only I could turn back the time.

"Let's take some rest, we will leave tomorrow before the sun sets," Troy said and Michael agreed with a nod.

"Good night guys... and thanks again for going all the way here to rescue me," Michael flashed his warm smile that made me smile too. He stood up and aligned five armchairs in the center of the room and I guess he'll be sleeping there. I'll sleep on the floor then, well, I tried sleeping on armchairs before but it's not very comfortable for me.

"Are you okay?" Troy asked so I looked at him and I just smiled in response. "You should really get some rest," he added and I just nodded and started to put some curtains on the floor that I got from the cabinet. It's not dirty but the smell of it though, it seems like it was stocked inside that cabinet for months. Troy finds himself some comfortable place to sleep and ended up laying on the floor near the board, using his bag as a pillow.

The room was covered in silence as both of them fell asleep. But as for me, thinking about dad is making me wide awake. I unlocked my phone but I still haven't received any messages or calls from him. I tried to call him but his number is still unavailable. Tears started to form on my eyes and I can already feel my face getting warm.

Dad, please tell me you're safe.

I sent it as fast as I could and waited for him to reply. I sent it again and again but I still haven't received any replies from him. I burst into tears and started sobbing quietly covering my mouth so that I can't wake them up.

"Lei?" I quickly wiped my tears and fixed myself trying to act normal. I looked at who it was and it was Troy.

"You okay?" I forced a smile and looked away.

I cleared my throat and nodded, "I'm perfectly fine." I said with a nervous laugh.

"Is it about your father again?" He asked and I nodded again as an answer. He sat in front of me and held my hand. I looked at him and his face looks so worried so I just sighed.

"I'm just... I'm scared to lose someone I love, again."

"Again?" He asked.

"Yeah, last year, it was Christmas break and that was the time that I lost my older brother. He committed suicide in front of me and... and I did nothing. I only stood there frozen and screamed and doesn't know what to do. Mom was so angry at me and blamed me for doing nothing, and told me that it was my fault my brother was gone forever. Then, Christmas day came, the day my mother died because she was drunk and got in a car accident," tears started to run down my cheeks but I immediately wiped it off with my hands, "I really, really wish that I could turn back the time and save my brother from dying and maybe, maybe my mom is still alive by now. My brother left a note saying that he's tired of everything because he was bullied every single day. I don't know why people bullied him because all I know is that he's the nicest brother you could ever have. He's the only sibling I have actually and I really, really miss him so much," my voice broke and I started crying again. Troy hugged me tightly and caressed my back trying to comfort me but my tears started to burst even more, "that's why I can't lose dad and Lauren, they're the only family that I have left."

"I lost my brother too when the chaos has started," Troy suddenly spoke still hugging me tightly," He saved me from my friend who has turned into one of those monsters. I don't know why I but that time I got so scared and just watched my brother while he was devoured by my best friend and did nothing. I called my dad yesterday while we were at the cafeteria and told me that... that my sister and my mom already turned into one of those monsters too. And that he was also bitten and slowly turning into one of them. I haven't even said how much I love them before the call ended." He stopped talking and I can feel that my right shoulder is starting to get wet. Is he crying? I faced him and he really is crying. He started to laugh and wiped his tears using his hands while shaking his head.