Chapter 5

"Are you sure you wnat to go through with this, Yoongi-hyung?"

"Namjoon, it's him! The boy from my dreams!"

"How is Jimin, a full-grown man, the boy from your dreams?"

"He's the grown-up version of him."

"Whatever, hyung. Do you want me to come?"

"No, I won't feel comfortable with you around. I'll be fine, he knows sign language."

"Ok, good luck."

Namjoon drops Yoongi off at the dance studio Jimin had asked them to meet at. He gives Yoongi one final encouraging pat on the back before driving away.

Taehyung greets Yoongi at the door, grabbing his arm and pulling him along to presumably Jimin's location. They stop at a door with the number "13" on it. Taehyung knocks on it twice before entering. Yoongi follows Taehyung in, but stops dead in his tracks when he sees Jimin. Jimin is posed with his hand reaching out as he looks up—just like the boy from Yoongi's dreams had done.

Taehyung turns back, beckons Yoongi over to where he stands, and affectively snaps Yoongi out of his trance. Taehyung points to a keyboard near the speakers in the studio. Yoongi assumes that's what he'll be playing on, it's not ideal, but he can make due. Taehyung shuts the music off before waving goodbye to Jimin and Yoongi.

Jimin signs in the mirror, "Can you come over here, please? I can't really see you..."

Yoongi walks over to Jimin, grabs his hands, and folds them over his own. "Hello."

"Hello, Yoongi-ssi."

"Please call me 'hyung,' we're going to be working together for a while so we might as well get comfortable."

"Ok, hyung. Feel free to drop the formality with me as well. Thanks for agreeing to this, I know it makes you uncomfortable."

"No problem, Jimin. I saw you dancing earlier, is that choreography for the ballet?"

"Actually, it's just a routine I cane up with. Kind of just appeared in my mind one morning."

"I really like it."

Jimin smiles, his eyes crinkle into little slits as he does, "Thank you, hyung."

"This might sound weird, but I might have a song that fits this choreography."

Jimin gasps, "Really? What a coincidence."

"Yeah, I agree. Go ahead and sit, I'll play it for you."

"Whenever you're ready, hyung." Jimin sits down, with a little help from Yoongi, and fiddles with his water bottle while he waits.

Yoongi makes his way to the keyboard again, taking deep breaths. No one has heard this song before, not even Namjoon. He's only seen it as scores. Yoongi pulls out the metal folding chair placed in front of the keyboard and takes a seat. "I'm going to play now, Jimin." He closes his eyes and lets muscle memory play for him.

The song starts and ends with a C.

When Yoongi finishes, he looks up to find Jimin with tears in his eyes. Yoongi immediately shoots up, rushing over to Jimin. He grabs Jimin's hands and frantically signs, "Are you ok?"

"It's perfect, Yoongi."