Chapter 3

Yoongi waits at the café where he and Namjoon normally meet to discuss music. Except, Namjoon is not the one coming today, he's not even there. Yoongi is waiting for someone else. The Seoul Dance Academy contacted him, asking if he could meet the dancer performing the scene Yoongi was supposed to compose a song for. They had specifically asked him not to bring Namjoon, so Yoongi is skeptical that they'll get work done. They probably forgot Yoongi is deaf and they'll have to reschedule.

Yoongi looks up from his coffee—an americano—to see two men walking through the door. A blond glances at Yoongi and waves at him while the other, brunet, stares mindlessly at the floor. One of them must be the dancer.

The two men sit down across from Yoongi. The blond is the first to speak, "Good afternoon, Yoongi-ssi."

Yoongi immediately sighs, his guess that they forgot he was deaf must have been true. He signs to the blond as a last hope, "I'm sorry, I don't know what you said."

The man's eyes widen as he lets out a chuckle. He turns to the other man and taps him on the shoulder. The brunet looks up and looks at the blond. "Can you introduce us, Jiminie?" The brunet nods and turns to Yoongi.

His grey eyes stare into Yoongi's as he signs, "Hello, Yoongi-ssi. My name is Jimin and this is Taehyung. I'm the dancer and Tae is the writer behind this ballet. He wrote the story."

"It's nice to meet you two. What did you want to talk about?" Yoongi waits for a response from Jimin but doesn't get one after a while. "Excuse me?"

The blond, Taehyung, taps Jimin in the shoulder again and whispers in his ear. Jimin nods again and puts his hands up in preparation to sign. The words that follow instantly surprise Yoongi, "I'm sorry, Yoongi-ssi, they must have forgotten to mention this. I'm blind."

Yoongi speaks up, trying to recall the little Korean he had learned before the accident, "I-I'm sorry. I can't speak Korean that well but—"

Before Yoongi has a chance to finish his broken Korean he hopes is comprehendible, Jimin's hands are grasping his. Jimin nods to him as if to say "Go ahead and sign." So Yoongi does, "Hello, Jimin-ssi. Can you understand me?" A nod. "H-How?"

Jimin pulls back to sign a response, "I know sign language and I've learnt how to translate by feeling what the other signs. My cousin is actually deaf too. I wanted to learn for him."

Yoongi waits until Jimin's hands cover his before responding, "That's really amazing, Jimin-ssi." Jimin smiles in response, but turns to Taehyung quickly. He was most likely speaking.

"Tell Yoongi-ssi about the song you want."

"Yoongi-ssi. I play the main character in this ballet. I've been looking for a composer to write a song for my solo. I want something deep and emotional."

"What makes you think a deaf pianist can somehow write you a song?"

"I've been searching for someone who can express the emotions of my character through music, but everyone I've tried wrote songs with no emotion. When I heard you perform at that venue, it triggered something in me. You made me feel something when I listened to your music. I want the audience to feel the same way I did." Yoongi couldn't believe Jimin's words. He had the same view on music as Yoongi.

But the thing that made Yoongi say yes wasn't that, no, it was because he had the same silver eyes as the boy in his dreams.