Chapter 4

"Jiminie, why are you picking Yoongi-ssi as the composer? He hasn't composed in years after his accident."

"It's weird, Tae, I have this feeling about him—a good one. Like he's meant to do this."

Taehyung doesn't know why he let Jimin talk him into hiring Yoongi as the composer, it probably has something to do with the soft spot he has for his best friend. Either way, Taehyung finds himself sitting in a café watching Jimin and Yoongi sign back and forth. It has always amazed Taehyung how two people can have a wordless conversation and yet understand each other perfectly. It amazes him more that Jimin had learnt how to dance and sign without eyesight. Taehyung was so proud of his best friend.

Taehyung zones out for most of Yoongi and Jimin's conversation, only paying attention when Jimin speaks to him to explain what they're saying. By the end of it, Taehyung is amazed that Jimin somehow convinced Yoongi to take the job. Namjoon had warned Taehyung that Yoongi might back out from the deal and to not get his hopes up. Taehyung just hopes Jimin will understand if he does.

Everyone knows that Yoongi can't stand writing music after his mother was killed in that car accident. The same accident that rendered him deaf. Yoongi was only fifteen when it happened, a drunk driver had swerved out of their lane and hit the driver's side of the car. His mother was instantly killed and Yoongi suffered from severe brain damage. The doctors were able to save him, but he lost his hearing in the process. Now he can't compose because it reminds him of his mother. He only started performing again two years ago.

It was a miracle that Yoongi had survived the accident and it was a miracle that Jimin got him to say yes.

"I don't know, Jiminie. He's probably going to back out of the deal. You know what happened to his mother. He doesn't compose anymore. We might as well start looking for someone else."

"Tae—" Jimin turns to face Taehyung with a look of determination in his silver eyes, "—he's the one."

"How do you know? There are millions of other composers out there, so what makes Min Yoongi stand out?"

"He—" Jimin sighs and pats the space next to him on the couch, "—sit down, please." He continues after Taehyung sits down, "I've never told you this before, but, I've been having these weird dreams lately. I'm on stage dancing to a song I've never heard before, yet it sounds so familiar to me. It's a beautiful one that makes me feel bittersweet emotions. I want to cry and smile, it's really confusing. Anyway, there's a man playing the song on the piano. When I finish my dance, he claps for me and says, 'Good job, Minie.' This is going to sound crazy, but Yoongi has the same voice as him."

"That is crazy, Jiminie. Yoongi doesn't speak anymore. Not after the accident."

"That's the thing, though! He spoke at the café. It may have been broken Korean, but I could never mistake that voice. It's him."

"Are you sure? This sounds a little cliché to me."

"I'm positive, Tae. I'm not performing unless Yoongi is on stage with me."

"Um...you know he's going to be off-stage, right?"

"Shut up!"