Chapter 24

Tyler's POV

Sitting in the passenger seat of McKinley's car, I listened to him quietly sing along to the song that was playing on the radio as he drove down the highway. I was grateful to have hearing aids again, but I hated the thought that they came from my father. I also hated the fact that I may not have told McKinley the truth when I mentioned him.

I had told him I ran into my father and that's when he decided to get me the new aids. The truth was that I reached out to him. I hadn't talked to the man in almost five years, but it was necessary. There was absolutely no way I would have been able to afford new ones, not unless I saved every spare cent I made for the next two years or so. I didn't want to live like that, not again. And now that I was dating McKinley, whose world revolved around hearing, I couldn't make him deal with me for that long - if we lasted that long, which I really hoped we did.

I was glad he was learning sign language for me though. That just shows how much he cared about me. He was even still practicing, signing and talking to me at the same time. He wasn't great at it, but he was improving, and that's all I could ask for right now.

McKinley suddenly grabbed my hand and I looked over at him to realize we had stopped. "We're here," he said with a smile. "You ready to meet my family?"

I chuckled nervously. "Is it bad if I said no?"

"Nah. You'll be fine. Come on."

I honestly was nervous to meet his family. McKinley likes to talk about them a lot and I knew he had told them about me already. I felt intimidated by how close they all were. I felt like I wasn't going to be up to their standards because I've never had that kind of family relationship. Not since I was in middle school, anyway.

My family had been great during my childhood. My dad loved me, my mom was still alive. I was happy, even during my phase of trying to figure out my sexuality. I had a boyfriend - well the type of significant other a middle schooler has where the most intimate actions you do is hold hands sometimes. He was probably my first love, who was literally ripped out of my life the moment my father realized there was more to our friendship than we had let on. I could still remember seeing my father drag Derick out of my hospital bed, but not being able to hear a word they said as the two argued. It was last time I ever saw Derick.

"Tyler? You good?"

I nodded, realizing he was standing outside my door already. "Yeah, sorry. Nervous."

He grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the car. "Don't be." Then he kissed me once I was standing. "They're going to love you."

By the end of the day, I wasn't so worried anymore. Each member of McKinley's family was very friendly and welcoming. I didn't feel left out of any conversations, which was my worry after McKinley had told me how they all sometimes liked to talk over one another, especially him and his cousin Steph. 

As great as it was getting to know the Constanello's was, there was constantly that ache in the back of my heart that wished I still had a family that cared. I didn't blame my mother - how could I? As her only child, she loved me more than anything in the world and I knew that if she hadn't been in that car accident, she wouldn't have let my dad treat me the way he did.  

I tried not to think about those memories though, focusing instead on McKinley and his family. He looked so at peace here, among really accepting people. I was glad he wanted me to meet them. It meant a lot.

[Mature Content]  

After dinner, McKinley excused the two of us from the conversation and led me up to his room. He shut and locked the door behind him, getting that sexy little smirk on his face. I knew exactly what he was thinking.

"Really?" I asked. "Here? With your family home?"

He shrugged. "Wouldn't be the first time. Besides, I'm sure they're all expecting it anyway, so they'll stay clear for a while."

I wasn't sure which thought was worse - that his family knew what we were doing or that he's had sex in his bedroom before. I decided to push both thoughts out of my head. I didn't need to be thinking about either right now. Instead, I wanted him, probably just as much as he wanted me. And I was planning on keeping my hearing aids in this time, since they wouldn't come loose now. I wanted to hear him.

"I've been missing you," McKinley said slowly, walking over to me as he carefully lifted his shirt over his head.

I agreed. With his band practice running all day, every day for the last week, he was so exhausted that he actually fell asleep on me both nights I was able to see him. He had had absolutely no energy for sex.

He stood in front of where I sat on the edge of his bed, shirtless and gorgeous. I wanted to see all of him, though, so I quickly got rid of his shorts and underwear.

"That's not fair," he whined. "I can't be the only one without clothes on."

It wasn't long before we were both naked and laying on the bed, with me on top of him. He gripped my shoulders tightly as I pressed into him, loving how tight he was.

After a few minutes, McKinley had his face by my ear, and all I could hear was his heavy breathing and his soft moans. But then, he tightened his grip on me and moaned, "Tyler... I love you so much."

I froze. He had never said that to me before. I had been debating over it myself, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to tell him yet; if it was too early.

But before he could realize I had stopped moving - probably not even realizing what he had said - McKinley had flipped us over so that he was riding me.

I pushed the thought out of my head. Maybe I'd ask him later. Right now, he looked way too good to be thinking about why he said it. 

He bounced on top of me, tugging on himself while he did so. It wasn't long before he was climaxing over my chest, with me following suit inside him. I slid out of him, pulling him down so that he was laying next to me.

I kissed his forehead. "You said something..." I started, not sure how to bring it up. "Something about you-"

He jumped out of the bed before I could finish my sentence. "Shit. You were wearing them." He was breathing heavily as he pulled a pair of sweatpants out of his closet. "I'll be right back."

Without another word, McKinley had run out of the room, leaving me more than a little confused.