I took steady breathes in, trying to push away the headache that was forming.

"Sorry." He held his hands up in surrender. "I really don't mean any harm but if you don't consider our offer then other people will come after you and your brother."

"What are you talking about?" I demanded, my cool and collective self long gone.

"You're the first person who has raised through the ranks this fast. The Underground is a dangerous place for a girl your age." Christopher spoke, his tone nothing but serious.

"Kenna fights, why can't I?" I fired back.

"Kenna has us to rely on if she were in your position, The Underground is filled with dangerous people."

"So you guys are dangerous people?" I deadpanned.

"Yes." Christopher replied bluntly.

"Well, nice meeting you." I stood and headed for the door but was soon stopped by a firm hand.

"Blaine?" I stared at my arm and his firm hand.

"You need to listen to them Ava." His eyes pleading.

"People are interested in you, very serious and dangerous people." Christopher continued.

"Like yourselves?" I bit back.

"Yes."

"What do you want from me." I said, my voice raising. It was more of a demand to know then a question.

"You'd be an asset to us and we will provide you and your brother with protection and anything else you wish to have." He explained.

"I promise you we aren't going to hurt you, your brother or Kota, but it doesn't mean others won't." Maceo said, an accent making a strong appearance.

"So then I'll just stop fighting underground." I said flatly.

"Doesn't matter, people are already interested." Christopher shot down the little hope I had left.

"The best fighters in the underground are lining up to fight you, that is why you fought Jaylin."

"With all due respect sir, Jaylin is nowhere near the best." I said softly not wanting to make him angry.

"We got first hand of realization last night." Christopher laughed, "What does he need to improve on?".

"I don't want to point out anything, it's not nice."

"No please, I'd like to know." He insisted.

"We'll be here for a while if I did." I said sighing, fidgeting with my fingers.

"You're a good kid Ava and what you have achieved so far on your own, I'm sure your parents are very proud."

"Why are you doing this?" I breathed, pulling my arm out of Blaine's.

I felt compelled to say yes to their offer but I didn't want to interfere with anything they were apart of. I knew things were going to get complicated the longer I stayed fighting underground. It was the risk I took to make money.

"Like we said, you would be an extreme asset to us and Beau apparently." Maceo laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"And you can protect my brother and I?" I asked, staring down at my hands.

"Yes, we will provide protection and support you both financially."

"So you guys want me to fight for you in exchange for protection and money?" I asked.