Chapter 31//Perspective

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry I wasn't more sensitive with you this morning I had no idea!" Caitlin exclaims, clutching her heart as though she's the one in pain.

"I can't believe Hunter would do something like that. I genuinely thought he liked you," Heather agrees, pondering over something in her head.

My head is moving too quickly flicking between the two and I'm likely to have caught a few bugs in my gaping mouth at this point.

"Will someone just tell me what the hell is going on?!?!" I yell, clenching my fists in the air.

The two exchange several looks of confusion before something seems to click in Heather's eyes.

"It didn't actually happen did it" she infers rather than asking.

"What? What didn't happen?!"

She sighs rubbing her forehead.

"I'm gonna fucking kill Hunter" she growls.

"Why?! Will someone please just tell me what's going on?!" I demand starting to get aggravated.

Caitlin seems to be on the verge of attacking someone, with her jaw clenched. She has now begun pacing.

"Violet, Hunter spread a rumour around the school that last night you came over to his house and told him that you love him and that he turned you down, calling you a slut and saying that you were a nobody."

At first all I feel is confusion which soon turns to realisation and soon after forms an intense blinding hatred.

"That son of a bitch! It was the other way around! He told me he liked me and asked whether I felt the same but I ran from his house before I could answer."

This time it is their turn to gape.

"WHY THE HELL DIDNT YOU TELL US?!?" They both shriek in an unearthly unison.

"Does it matter? Right now I just need to find him and put him in his place!"

*******

After walking through several hallways full of laughing people I finally arrive at my destination. I have been continuously taunted since departing my locker. However, Caitlin and Heather have not hesitated in throwing some shady looks or the occasional right hook.

Now as I walk up to our usual table where Hunter and the guys are currently chatting I have red gas practically bursting through my ears.

"I can't fucking believe you!" I yell at him, picking up his bag and tossing it across the cafeteria.

"Woah, calm down!" Logan tells me.

My eyes immediately narrow on him in a stare so vicious and cold that he is almost instantaneously throwing his hands up in surrender. Seconds later the other guys start edging away from Hunter, leaving him completely vulnerable to my wrath.

"I expected this from Jay or Amanda but you-"

"Wait, Vee what on earth are you talking about?!" He asks in confusion, his voice raising almost as loud as mine.