Chapter 31//Perspective

Chapter 31: Perspective

The next morning brings with it both troubles and new problems. Not only do I have to face Hunter at school but I also have to figure out where I sit with Jay now that I know everything behind his feud with Hunter. However, at the moment Hunter comes first.

I know that he is going to demand an answer to his question. Yet, I also know that as much as I want to say the same thing back to him, I would be lying to myself if I did.

"Violet!" Someone shouts as I walk through the school doors and into the hallway.

The walk to school seems to have disappeared right in front of my eyes.

"Hellooo, anyone home in there?" Caitlin calls from my locker.

My head immediately snaps upwards to meet her inquisitive gaze.

"Oh um yeah. Sorry. I've got a lot on my mind" I mumble whilst tumbling a million thoughts around in my head.

"Like what? Anything I can help with?" She asks with a helpful smile.

"Not really" I respond in a withdrawn, monotone voice, "I think I have to deal with this by myself."

She nods, understanding how I feel.

"Ok then. I guess I'll see you at lunch?"

She tugs on my hands to loosen the tight grip I'd had them in. Giving her a tight lipped smile for her efforts I begin making my way towards my locker.

"Sure thing."

*********

The first few periods go in a blur. I vaguely remember being given the notification for a maths exam, and learning a few French proverbs, but other than that everything seems to have passed me by.

It's only after 2 minutes of walking down the crowded hallways that I notice that everyone is unusually quiet. When I finally take the time to look up it becomes very apparent that everyone is looking at me.

Then Amanda and Bella come down the hallway in my direction, with a group of their Malibu barbies in tow.

"Hey Violet" Bella seethes, "glad to see that someone finally put you in your place."

"At least Hunter had the brains to toss your slutty ass out his door" Amanda agrees, tossing an arm around Bella's shoulder.

Looking at them you'd think they were the two perfect partners in crime - though their absence on my priority list lately makes it hard for me to focus on.

"W-What are you talking about?" I ask quietly, afraid of what they're gonna say next.

"Oh please. Don't pretend. Everyone knows what he said to you yesterday at his house. I don't expect to see you hanging out with him anymore. But if I did, then I'd put you in your place just like he did" Amanda hisses.

"Your gang is going to fall. Deal with it" she continues, mimicking her father.

For a moment I am paralysed by what they'd just said, and have to stand there with my mouth hanging wide open as the group walks past me. What on earth are they talking about?!

"Violet!" Heather calls.

I look to see her and Caitlin sprinting to get to me. My mouth is still wide open at this point as I'm trying to comprehend everything's that going on.