I step in front of my designated seat – the seat to Liam's left, watching as he takes his place at the head of the table. We both overlook the room, our eyes drifting from one man to another. A few shift their weight to the opposite foot, while others clear their throats. All of them, however, await the next command.

I sit down first, taking a second to get comfortable. I toss my right leg over my left, frown, then reverse in an indecisive manner. Leaning forward, I flip over the manila envelope that's been prepared for me. It's an exact copy of Luciano's, stating everything he needs to know for the week; from profit to deaths.

"Miss Crawford—" Liam's voice is low as he dips his head, giving me an irritated look.

Oh, shit.

I stare up at all of the men that still stand in a respectful manner, waiting for my command. I was still becoming used to my new found role in Liam's family and I haven't quite mastered it yet. So, with my cheeks tainted a light shade of pink, I offer up an innocent smile. To my relief, quite a few men around the table break their neutral expressions, soft smiles crossing the faces of intimidating men.

"As you were, gentleman."

Everyone lowers themselves to their seat, including Liam, and the meeting commences without missing a beat.

"I'm sure you all are aware by now as to why I've called this meeting," Liam flips open his envelope, absentmindedly skimming pages as he carefully chooses what to say next. "One thousand three hundred and sixty five families are currently mourning the loss of husbands, wives, daughters, sons, nieces, and nephews." He slaps the envelope closed and lifts his attention to the table, his eyes floating around the room like a laser. "I'm going to cut to the chase, we have reason to believe that the same force that burned down the De Santis empire is planning on coming for us."

A shaky voice speaks up from the corner of the room, "We can't let that happen."

Luciano's voice hardly falters, "We won't."

"I have a lot of topics I need to hit on gentlemen and little time to do so." Liam continues, "Keep up, because I'm only going to say everything once." Most of the men nod while some grunt in understanding. "Due to the possible threat, I want a security detail prepared for Rosie." The three men in charge of security lean forward, scribbling notes on a page. "She'll be escorted to school, but please, I still want her to feel normal, so keep your distance. On school grounds, you'll remain in the parking lot at all times but anywhere else, you follow her like gum on the bottom of a shoe. Understood?"

"Yes, Sir." one of the three young men lean back, "How many men do you want assigned to Rosalie?"

"Two for now." Liam doesn't hesitate, "If a problem arises, let me know and we can adjust accordingly."

"You're the boss. Anybody else?"

Luciano leans forward, resting the palms of his hands on the oak wood. "Yes, actually. I want another detail assigned to my mother. As head of my company, the board already assigned a couple bodyguards for protection." Liam makes a face, "They're amateurs and I want them replaced, now." As he continues to talk, the men proceed in taking notes, making sure their boss's every wish is granted. "She'll be escorted from home to work and back again. The only reason they are to leave her side is if she has to take a piss." There's a long, silent pause before he questions, "Clear?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Dominic Santiago—" Luciano doesn't stop as he casts a glance over my shoulder, where I'm sure Dom stands.

A few men whoop at the sound of his name, causing tension releasing chuckles to fill the room. I even hear someone shout, "Daddy Dom!" Which not only earns laughter from most of the men, but even the slightest smile from their boss. Liam's ghost of a smile makes me smile, even if it's slight. I haven't seen – nor have I been able to cause – his smile in a long time.