Some alphas helped Stefan up on the stretcher the nurses brought when they finally showed up.

"Take him to the pack-house too, Niall. I want all of you in the house," Louis ordered. His shoulders taut as the wolves around them shifted. He would shift when everyone was done.

"Do it fast, guys." Louis was getting impatient. He needed to go and see what was happening there as soon as he could.

When he went to pull his mobile out of his pocket, he smelt the omega. Harry came to stand beside him with a hesitant expression. Louis looked at him with a raised brow but when the omega offered nothing, he went back to his mobile. The network was dim here, which was odd because they have a personal tower fixed beside their border. Maybe the rouges did something to it. Louis frowned.

Exactly how prepared were these rogues?

_____

Harry flinched when Zayn cursed loudly beside Louis, his eyes stuck on his mobile. Harry watched the beta's face darkening with worry.

"What happened?" Louis urged.

Zayn shook his head with a deep frown, "they have omegas with them."

Harry did not know why that was so astonishing. They were rogues; obviously, some of them would be omegas. He did not quite understand the beta's concern. It looked like Louis had the same question.

"How does that matter?"

Zayn looked at the questioning alpha, "omegas in heat. They are luring our alphas like that. John said they have at least five or six omegas just outside our border. Waiting. I hope you know why?"

Louis grimaced, "for me!"

Harry could feel his insides churning. Omegas in heat? For Louis?

What?

"How is that a help?" Liam asked, incredulous.

Louis shook his head, his hands on his hips, "they planned this. They definitely planned this. I wonder how they got the time. Did someone betray us from this pack?" His eyes flew over the people around him.

"What do we do then?" Zayn asked.

Louis shrugged, "Nothing. The previous plan stays. I am going. I don't see any other options."

Zayn and Liam hesitated for a moment. Their eyes met over Louis' head.

"They are in the middle of the heat, Louis!" Liam said, his voice tentative, "your alpha will be heady as soon as they come closer to you. I don't think you will be clear-headed enough to fight."

Harry watched Louis shook his head with a soft laugh, "I will be fine."

"You are still bleeding," Harry interjected before he could stop himself.

Louis' eyes fell on him and then down at his own knuckles. He frowned at the hand and then shrugged.

"I will be fine."

Harry squirmed with anger. Why was Louis so stubborn? In his urgency, Harry stepped closer to the alpha. His eyes took in those cerulean blue ones as they watched him with composure.

"You are weak today. What if they get you?"

A slow smirk flitted over Louis' lips; he tilted his head back towards his left.

"Easy there, Harry. People might think you care for me."

Liam and Zayn nodded at each other and stepped away, giving them an illusion of privacy among the hustle-bustle.